• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting sleeved, food question

pigletpoo

Hi everyone, I have been offered a date of the 4th March. I am really excited about this, and am paying for it privately.
My main concern / worry is..... I know the whole point of this is to eat less, and I want to be eating less. But although you can only eat a few bites before you feel full, do you really feel full, or is it more that you just feel you can't fit anymore in, but still feel hungry but unable to do anything about it?
I hope that makes sense.....
Any one else getting sleeved in March? :)

Hi I've had a bypass and when I eat I get that feeling " I just can not put one more spoonful in" because I feel,stuffed I'm then not hungry. You know the feeling when you let your food go down and then you can then squeeze in a pudding well now I can't and don't want to. I'm suer those who have had a sleeve will let you know how they fell. Good luck with your surgery. :)

im a bypasser too and I agree with Mouse57, I cant get any more in and im full and I don't feel hungry if I pushed it and over ate I would feel over stuffed (a bit like Christmas day dinner and you have to undo your trouser button!)and as a bypasser its very uncomfortable feeling

Hi

I haven't had a sleeve as yet, but read up lots and the part of the stomach they remove contains the hunger hormone. I am not sure if this take away all the hungers feelings as I haven't had it done but guess it can only help!

Xxx

Hi I've had a sleeve, I don't feel hungry, I only know I need to eat when the burps start, and believe my you will have never known fullness like it after your op!! I never felt full before.. Now I'm rammed after a tiny bit and can't face food for hours afterwards!
Good luck

Im a bypasser. You cant fit any more into the pouch when you get that feeling "oops i feel a tightening" thats my cue to stop . Like Los says its not a nice feeling and i have had a few times when i feel like making my self sick to get rid of the feeling its only happened a few times at the beginning when i was getting accustomed to the tighting but i now i try to only have max 6 tbs off my 7 inch plate thats the guidelines my team advised. I also getting the burps that its filling. All the best x

I had bypass and I still go by the if it looks like it fits into a muller light pot that's enough. And I have to say I don't feel full until about 15 or 20 min after I have finished my meal. But I do feel hungry from time to time and I thought I wouldn't as that glan was ment to be removed. ??

Thankyou everyone. I have really brave days where I just can't wait, then other days where I am convinced I'll die during the op. :-( as a single mum, that scares me......

Hi Pigletpoo,
I am also waiting to have my sleeve operation. Was meant to have it end of Feb but this has just been delayed to 6 March.
Like you I am also worried that operation may not get me that I am full, must stop feeling but success stories here are very encouraging. I think the trick is to make the new eating patter a habit and continue in the same way.
Anyway, looks like we will be operation buddies. Good luck

Hi tules!
Great to have a sleeve buddy! Which hospital are doing your sleeve? I'm going to spire in worcester..... :)

Hey there I will be at Spire Roding. Nearest to me in London

Have they asked you to diet? Did you see the team yet? I have organise mine.

I've met the surgeon, I have to see the dietician on 3rd feb, then the surgeon again on the 17th, then I am booked in for the 4th March as that's the earliest they could do me after half term in feb..... He said I will need to do a 2 week pre op diet, but I don't know all the details until I see the dietician .. :)

Hi, I'm nearly 4 months post sleeve op.

I occasionally think I'm hungry but I don't think its proper hunger. I never succumb and the feeling goes away - so it must be a head thing.

I can sometimes be really looking forward to something I've cooked for the family and then am full (with a proper full feeling - but a full feeling that I never experienced pre-op) after a few mouthfuls. Sometimes I can't believe the small amount that fills me up. I eat about a 1/4 of what my almost 9 yr old son eats. And he's just skin and bone.

Thanks for your help, I am just worried that it might be a permanent hell of that feeling you have when you're on a diet, that you're hungry, but you just can't eat.
Tules, I have seen my surgeon, I have to meet my dietician 3rd Feb, surgeon again 17th feb, then op 4th March. I know I'll have to do a 2 week ore op diet, just don't know the details yet :)
What have you got to do? :)

Hi pigletpoo you won't ever feel like your on a diet, I'm not actually every hungry now and I do have yo watch the clock. The only time I know I should have eaten or I've missed a meal is I get a bit of a head. I do feel hungry when I smell what my hubby is cooking and I believe I could set twice the amount he puts on a plate but I always always leave at least half. I set my proteins first then try to eat everything else but I'm never hungry. :)

Hi Piigletpoo,
I only met my surgeon for the initial consultation. Meeting dietician and get checks done on 23rd February. No plans to see the consultant. I shall enquire.
Does your hospital have a support group? This one does, monthly meetings. Another reason why I chose spire.

Good luck girls!

Even with my band, I never feel the miserable hungry feeling like when I was on a diet. Or the horrible mood swings like I had on a diet. You just don't feel deprived anymore

Tules - they are supposed to have a monthly weight loss group, they told me they did, but when I enquired and asked if I could go to meet people they told me they didn't know what was happening with it at the mo :-( How much are you paying? Spire are a lot cheaper than the hospital group, and I'm wondering why? :).
I have a consultation with the hospital group tomorrow too, just to be extra sure on all the info :)

Back