• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling heavy on the pre op diet??

LancsLass2

Well I`ve just nearly finished day 6 of my milk pre op diet ( op on Tues :eek: ) and to b honest I feel heavier than i started. I`m bunged up ( just had some senna ) and I`m bloated. I know its cos of all the fluid etc but I`m just worried i`m gonna get on the scales on weigh day ( Mon ) and b heavier than I was ( cos thats how I feel!! ) It`ll just be disheartening cos i`ve stuck to the diet to the letter and although at times i could`ve sat down at the table to eat with my family I haven`t. My jeans are cutting in and i look like i was due to give birth ages ago!!! Anyone else had this :cry:

Just remember, it's not your weight that counts but your liver. So if you are bloated with fluid you're liver could still be well shrunk (and after 7 days on the milk diet it will have). Look at it this way, if you're carrying extra fluid it will have to come out at some point and when it does you'll really see the scales move.

Thanks girls, feel a bit less bloated today. Like u said its not to lose weight its for my liver to shrink so my pre op diet should`ve served its purpose. I`m starving today though. Never mind, last day tomorrow!!

I think this uncomfortable pain under my ribs on the right is my liver and wonder if anyone has any mild (not pre op) suggestions on how I can start to detox my liver, it feels like its the size of a dustbin lid. Have thought about doing the pre op diet but know that if I ever get the go ahead I would be put off doing it twice if that makes sense....xx

Thanks girls, feel a bit less bloated today. Like u said its not to lose weight its for my liver to shrink so my pre op diet should`ve served its purpose. I`m starving today though. Never mind, last day tomorrow!!

Think you have given me your bloat lol..xx

Hiya Im starving today too strange Ive been fine all week. THG just called to check ill be there at 7 and that I dont have anything anything to drink after midnight.

Good luck to you hopefully see you Tues morning

Dee x

Back