• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any pre oppers had heartburn???

LancsLass2

Hi all, I`m on day 3 of my pre op milk diet and have been suffering each day with heartburn. Not constantly, but a few times a day that lasts for about half an hour. I`ve stuck to the diet by the letter so no food that usually causes this has passed my lips. ( In fact usually when I do get it, milk helps!!! ) Just wondering if anyone else has been the same??:confused:

It might be because your eating less and your stomach is producing too much acid, the milk should cool it down though....sorry cant be of any more help :( xx

Hi There
Always had really bad heartburn/reflux and always kept on eating food that made it worse. It was still quite bad on my pre-op diet but I found if I rationed the milk out through the day it kept my stomach calm and my hunger at bay. I used the small plastic cups from the water cooler -found that they held just enough to stop the heartburn and stop my tummy rumbling-
Loll

Hiya.

Soz cant help I havent had it, only time ever was when I was pregnant.

How you doing apart from that? I feel really tired today, actually im still in my pj's!!! Got work 10 till 8 tomorrow so wont have time to feel tired. Do feel like everything is an effort at the mo and no energy!!! Oh well only 4 days left.

Dee x
Hi Dee, I don`t get it all the time usually just if I`ve had a curry lol. I got it bad when I was pregnant with my girl but not at all with my boy - funny eh!! I don`t feel too bad, had a bit of a headache last night which my advisor warned me about but other than the heartburn I`m ok. At least u won`t b able to think about being tired when your at work. Just think it`ll all be worth it in the end. I`ve got 5 days left cos I don`t go in till Tues:sigh:

Hi There
Always had really bad heartburn/reflux and always kept on eating food that made it worse. It was still quite bad on my pre-op diet but I found if I rationed the milk out through the day it kept my stomach calm and my hunger at bay. I used the small plastic cups from the water cooler -found that they held just enough to stop the heartburn and stop my tummy rumbling-
Loll
Thanks for the advice loll. I don`t really get it too much usually ( unless I`ve had a curry ) When I do get it milk usually sorts it out but here I am virtually only having milk and suffering with it. Never mind only 5 days left and then it`ll b worth it.

Back