• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Low

triedeverything

The other night I was sick after eating too quickly, this has upset me as I've never had this happen and I'm nearly 7 weeks post-op. It also caused problems for my voice as I'm a singer and my voice was not 100% the next day, infact it nearly went altogether at a really important gig.

I am feeling down at the moment as although I'm obviously happy to be losing weight, I am finding the drastic change of life a challenge, the fact that I can only eat a few mouthfuls of any meal before I feel uncomfortable and have to stop... I can snack though! It makes social situations a little awkward. I am also finding it difficult Also, alcohol... I have tried it.. but it's just not the same and I don't have much. This may sound ridiculous but I'm worried I'm not the fun person I used to be.. I used to have lots of fun, was the one making all the funny comments down the mic between songs, was full of confidence (despite my weight) and here I am now struggling to have the energy just to sing let alone do the banter!

I hope this improves.. everyone around me seems to be partying and I feel like the one watching from the sidelines. Sorry for the rant.. I am ok with the surgery just it is taking some adapting to.

You are still quite early out (so am I!). My energy levels did not fully return until I was around 12 weeks, its a massive shock to the system. And the transition and adaptation to the new way of eating doesn't happen overnight, it take time to build new habits. I really feel that the toughest challenges are psychological with these surgeries. It will come to you, it just takes time.

Back