• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling fed up

jmumof4

hey guys, i am in week 19 today, i have gone from 24stone 4lb to 18stone 9lb, but i am finding it difficult to lose anything, the last 3 weeks i have only lost 3lb, i am eating very sensibly, i am taking my dog for longer and longer walks, whats happening, i have a friend who was in hospital and also had the sleeve, she was 25st and she is 17st 4lb now, what am i going wrong, it starting to really get me down i feel like a total failure!!! what should i do, is this normal?

I've no idea as to the answer. What I do know is you have done amazingly!!! You should be so proud! You're an inspiration to those a few steps behind you. Chin up x

thanks i think im just being a little bit impatient and obsessive lol thank you for the kind words, i am proud of myself, i just find it hard to get into my own head, just how much weight i have lost, i still see me at 24stone lol xxx

Hi
First thing is that you have done fantastically - you're life must have changed so much
second - as hard as it is - we should never compare our weightloss to anyone elses. Our bodies are totally unique and therefore our weightloss will be the same
I had bypass done but I am sure the pattern is pretty much same - I have had 2 or 3 periods of several weeks where i havent lost an ounce. It does start coming off again, so keep doing what you're doing and you will be rewarded - might take a few weeks but look at how far you have come

xx

Your an ex 24 stoner, never to be repeated!!!! Stick with it I'm sure it'll start moving again! Have you checked everything, back to basics? Fluid intake, protein etc? Like I say I have no idea, but worth a look? X

thanks tink, your right, but it is so hard to not compare, i shouldnt really, i know i am just being daft, i even had to tell my self off yesterday for feeling guilty about having a peice of my daughters birthday cake!! oh well, i will keep plugging on. hope springs eternal, as they say xx

Another member has already said this but please do not compare your loss to any of your friends or other members, we are all individuals and our bodies work there own way.
You have done a fantastic job so far and have had a great loss in such a short time. Stick with it and remain happy with the wonderful way it is going and you will start to loose again.
Most of all be happy.

BigDave

As said above, don't be hard on yourself, you've done amazing so far. If you want to lose more, you have to put lots of effort in. It's not easy but we all know you can do it if you want it that much :)

hi you really have done so well and just as others try not to compare,,,
everybody's journey is different and moves at a different pace just eat and drink the right foods and put in the effort with the exercise and all will fall into place,
just rember this not a race its not a sprint this is life long marathon

regards
steve

Firstly to the person who says it's lost never to come back? Rubbish... if you don't watch what you eat it can come back. I got messaged from a very successful wls person only this week who has put 3 stone back on and is terrified of hitting her old weight of 21 stone. Be warned wls is not a free ticket to being slim forever, it's a tool to help YOU get you there....

Right, now for the staller! You need to sit and honestly look at what you are eating and drinking! Maybe keep a diary, weigh and measure your portions and track it on any number of sites on the internet.... Would maybe help if you could also put a typical few days menus on here for the experienced sleevers to check out?

As for the rest. You don't say if you are exercising or what you are doing!

I stopped losing at about 5 months out and after ignoring it for 4 months realised that only I can be in control of my weight.

My very good friend Wendy aka Lamornamiss had very similar stats as me and had surgery only a couple of weeks before me! She is now at goal (apart from a measly 2lbs lol) and when i met her Saturday sat in a size 8 skirt. I can compare our stats, i can compare our similarities, unfortunately our bodies are incomparable and are both dealing with our bypasses differently. I'm taking a longer route but definitely a easier one...

Look to yourself and things will come good :) xx

Good points well made Julie. I'm glad your weight is moving in the right direction again now-I've been reading how hard you're working for it.
Hugs x

Thanks Miss Tickle, i'm working hard to get there, in all honesty my bypass makes it easier with regards to food but i still have the devil sat on my shoulder who urges me to make bad choices. Luckily he's a fat slow devil and a quick smack in the wotsits soon shuts him up :)

Back