• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling scared!

Cherub08

Gastric bypass surgery is tomorrow morning - feeling nervous and scared!!
Nervous in case surgeon can't do it again due to scar tissue and scared because it's much bigger and more invasive surgery than the band and than anything I've had before.......!
I've been told by a member of my team that I will be in HDU on a drip, with catheter and morphine pump. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Your hoping to be ok, you might not go to hdu but yourself have drip we all gone back with one of those. You'll be home before you know it on the road to recovery and your new life. Don't worry your doing the right thing, look forward to hearing you journey. Remember don't panic just go with your body don't fight how you feel :)

Last edited:
I also had problems with an eroded band and had a two-stage operation - band removal and repair and RNY five months later.

Before the op I was warned that things are potentially 'very complicated', there are numerous adhesions and there are multiple possibilities of things getting complicated. The surgeon called me his "problem patient".

I was lucky.

Despite all the warnings I recovered rapidly, was walking 12 hours after surgery (was eager to walk after about eight hours but the nurses wouldn't let me) and was out of hospital within 24 hours with only chewable Paracetamol in addition to Omiprazole and a blood thinning injection.

The only complication I had was from a cut muscle and needed to go on to Oramorph as soon it was determined I was unable to control the pain but they eased off after three weeks and I didn't need to go back into hospital.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want to add me to Whatsapp/Skype/Wechat. The night before is probably the toughest night.

Hope all goes great for you cherub!.... My surgeon thought he might not be able to do the bypass because of past scar tissue / adhesions but all went fine and I was out of hospital in 48 hours... Just take your time to recover and follow advise from your team. The drips are great as they keep you hydrated when you carnt drink and all your pain meds can go through them so try not to worry... I'm sure you will be very well cared for! :) x

How are you getting on?

I guess by now your on the losers bench I hope all went well , do let us know .in the meantime take care

Back