• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Was Recovering So Well

purpleprincess29

Had a traumatic day, started really well, feeling better by the day and believed I was on the road to recovery. Then all of a sudden, was sat on the sofa when I felt a wet sensation running down my belly and soaked through my clothes and looked just like the cup of tea I'd not long had.

I lifted my top to see this brown fluid bubbling out of the bottom part of my scar and pouring on to the floor through my clothing. I soaked two freshly laundered towels with this stuff and rang the ward and was told there was no beds so go to Walsall Manor A&E.:ambulance:

They took me straight through and called a member of the Surgical team to come and have a look. He reckoned that is wasn't caused by any leakage from the surgery but an infection in the wound. He has swabbed for MRSA and given me a course of Co-Amoxiclav to start dealing with any infection.

The wound was looking really good from the outside up until this morning, but if it gets any redness spreading, I feel generally unwell or if the gunge continues I'm to go straight back in and possibly have further surgery to clean it up.

I'm gutted, I was doing so well and feeling like I was on the road to recovery. I really hope these antibiotics do the trick :fingerscrossed:

Anyone else had this happen?

Sorry to hear your news, heres to a speedy recovery xxx

Hi Melanie,

Very sorry to hear you have had a bit of a set back like this, it must of been very scary for you at the time as I know just reading it made me gasp with fright...poor you, hopefully it will clear up soon.:hug99:

Aw Im so sorry you are having a tuff time at the minute. Hope the antibiotics work and you dont have to go back into hospital X

I hope the infection clears up very soon.

Aw you poor thing, you must have been so frightened.

Hopefully all the fluid that needed to come out has come out now. Wound infection is one of the most common post op complications so keep taking the antibiotics, and most of all, take it easy hun. An infection might make you feel a bit icky, so take good care of yourself.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and get well wishes.

I feel fairly well in myself so taking that as a good sign. The wound has stopped leaking and hopefully nature took the best course in getting it all out through the only possible exit being the wound, better that than be absorbed into my body and bloodstream making me really poorly.

Was so scary, I know it sounds silly but you just think the worst is happening at the time and that it's all gone wrong. It's in the hands of Alexander Fleming now :)

Glad you're feeling so positive Melanie... Hope you're healed up and feeling fabby again real soon xx

Sounds like you got a bit of a fright! Heal well hun xx

Oh dear hun, keep taking the tablets and I hope all is well soon.

Mel that sound horrific, hope it clears up soon and your back on the road to recovery

Hi all,

Thanks again for the kind words.

I'm still not great, I have a hole in my belly which the fluid leaks out of every few hours and my GP said if the hole gets bigger or it doesn't heal then I may need surgery to open it back up and pack it.

Still waiting for the swab results to establish whether my antibiotics are the right ones for this infection, should be tomorrow.

Making me a bit miserable at times but trying to keep thinking it'll all be okay. From the op itself I think I'm doing well, it's just a case of waiting for this to get better now.

I'd prepared myself for the op and what was involved, just hadn't quite anticipated this :(

Mell, I dont want to worry you, but please be careful. THis is what happened to Bonita. Please relax and do as little as possible, and get plenty of fluids and protein if you can manage it for healing.

Back