• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i can not believe it

emma&alex

im due to go in for my op tomorrow morning.

2 years ago I had a c section, my scar healed up really really well, I had no infection or problems it seemed to heal quickly. I've never in that 2 years had any problems whatsoever with it.
well last night i thought it felt a bit wet round the scar area, so i touched it & it felt a bit sore & was weeping quite a lot & was smelly. I wiped a tissue over it and it came away covered in blood. when i look in the mirror, it got a bit of a hole right in the centre of the scar..its only small but is still bleeding & stinging a little. the smell is telling me its infected too.
why the hell is this happening now? i hope it doesnt effect my surgery tomorrow.
im waiting for a call back from my drs :(

i get constant infections where my C section scar is. Like you, mine healed nicely and Im sure the infections are caused by my fat (skin rubbing on skin) as I also get the same smelly, weeping infection in my belly button now as my belly hangs down horribly since I lost weight.

I have a cream presribed by the Dr called Daktakort. This usually clears it up nicely in a day or two. I bet if you can get some today, the worst of the infection will be gone tomorrow.

how very bizarre!!!!!! seriously girls last night ( ive had two sections) in the middle of it it was raised lumpy bright red and very sore and stingy.... i just wash it, dry it and sleep naked so air gets to it, then it ll be fine for a while then goes again, it because of the skin being on top of it n then it rubs etc, give it a good clean today try lie down ( if you can for few hours with air getting to it and it heal seriously within a day x

the smell can sometimes mean its just sweaty and a lil yeasty hun ( not pleasent i know) once cleaned and air to it it will prob clear up on its own xx

thanks for the replies

the nurse said i should get it check out by the dr after i told her i was going in for an op tomorrow. i had a bath and got a closer look at the area & its not as bad as i first thought. there is a little hole but i dont think its infected..so kinda panic over. although i did tell the nurse at surgicare who has emailed mr ammori. i feel like a huge drama queen now, but i was just really surprised since ive not had a problem before...i had visions of the whole thing splitting open and my innards falling all over the floor haha

ooo emma!! hahha that was me tooooo last night bluerghhhh i wonder of after wls we'd be entitled to plastics if our scar keeps getting infected???.... hmmmmm xx

Its highly unlikely its anything to do with your c-section after 2 years, the most likely cause is the over-hang rubbing, this can cause skin sores which weep and cause a smell, always make sure you wash the area daily and dry it with a hair dryer that way you aren't causing any more irritation by rubbing it dry with a towel, you'll notice a massive difference once you loose weight :)

ooo emma!! hahha that was me tooooo last night bluerghhhh i wonder of after wls we'd be entitled to plastics if our scar keeps getting infected???.... hmmmmm xx

i hope so, since im paying for my band private, i hope that they will give me a tummy tuck on the nhs

Its highly unlikely its anything to do with your c-section after 2 years, the most likely cause is the over-hang rubbing, this can cause skin sores which weep and cause a smell, always make sure you wash the area daily and dry it with a hair dryer that way you aren't causing any more irritation by rubbing it dry with a towel, you'll notice a massive difference once you loose weight :)

I always dry the bit under my belly overhang with a hairdryer. The first time hubby caught me doing it he laughed for a week. I don't care though - it keeps me nice and fresh and not feeling sore.

fingers crossed hey em!!! hahahaha karen id just die if my hubbi caught me doing that... i cant stop laughing hahahahha talc help toooooo mops up the moisture :-/ xx

i remember the midwife telling me to do that...i just use a towel now though. if my partner caught me he'd think i was styling my lady garden

o god imagine!!!!..... ' going for the 80's throwback big hair' look love??? hahhahahahhahahahha, tho seriously girls my growler isnt that hairy!!!!!!

haaaahhahahahahahahaha x

Hope everything goes well for your op and that your weepy bits are no longer giving you grief!!
By the way I nearly spat my tea over the keyboard when I read the term 'growler'! Too funny xx

Back