• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling very low

slimmerkay

Hi everyone

I was going to try the pre-op milk diet for a week to lose some pounds but decided instead to go with a very low fat and low carb diet.

Doing really well with the food (made some lovely low fat soups) and not really feeling hungry or having pangs for the bad stuff. But I'm feeling really weepy today. I went through the feeling nauseous, light headed and having headaches in the first few days - is this just the next stage?

Bless you love. It's an awful feeling and I must admit, I'm having my moments just the same as you.
I have my toast or cereal for breakfast, a slimfast milkshake for lunch and a light meal at night... nothing in between.
To try and keep the hunger at bay and to assist my spine pain, a long time injury, since I am off work, I go to the toning tables, just to get out of the house a few times a week, I'm not fit enough for a gym but feel the need to try and keep moving, otherwise I could sleep for England with my diabetic problems.
Please don't feel like you are on your own with this Karen.... keep in touch and I am really interested to know what you are having for meals and we can help each other.
It'll all work out in the end... we all have broad shoulders.
Much love and take good care sweetheart xxx

I think its quite common to be weepy when starting out on a new way of eating... one of our problems as 'bigger' people is that food has become our comfort for whatever reason.

I've been low carbing this year & couldn't work out why I'd become really cranky & it was because my comfort mechanism wasn't there anymore, I didn't even realise this it was only reading a thread over on mini-mins where a friend said thats why she'd become cranky & emotional I realised that was my problem too.... only 7 months after starting out!

We all have our support mechanisms & I think until their gone we don't even notice that we had them.... iykwim. x

I haven't done the liver shrinking diet but I remember when I did lighter life, which was 500 cals per day in drinks, I felt absolutely lousy on days 3 and 4 as my body adjusted. If I'd had any stress those days it would have been very tempting to open the biscuit barrel.
You're about to make a drastic and permanent change to your diet so it's bound to have an emotional effect. Just try and refocus on all the reasons you are having the op in the first place, and maybe read some of the diaries here of those people who've been through it and lost lots of weight. Your pre-op diet is going to give you such a great head start on what comes after the surgery.
Maybe now would be a good time to treat yourself to something non food related? New pj's or slippers or an mp3 player for the hospital stay? New haircut for the new you? Keep going hon. Won't be long til you're sat on the losers bench. xxx

Please dont give up when you feel like this as I can say it is something many people go through. As a new post op I can just say how it feels when you perserve and get to the other side. I have only lost 36lbs but the difference in how I feel is fantastic and i wish I could just send you the feelings I have cos I just know it would keep you going.
The weight loss I have up to now is quite small compared to others but I feel like I want to get up in the morning, I look forward to shopping and i am much more active. Keep posting and asking for help until this passes because it will and you will be so glad you kept going.
loads of love to you and be strong - or go in the bath! - i find that helps
Jo XX

Thanks everyone :)

I'm scraping through. Just gonna heat up the peppers, tomato and garlic soup I made last night - it's yum!

That's the spirit.

All of us need a lift on our journey.

Depending what you can afford... it could be a simple relaxation day at home with pampering treats and a relaxation time, just for you, get the kids over to a relative or friend if you can.

Otherwise, spoil yourself and plan for it... we all deserve to be pampered.

I do yoga. With a dvd. I can't get to the floor always, but have half an hour or an hour for me daily... that is a tremendous time... the phone goes off the hook. My mobile is turned off and the door bell goes unanswered... 'it's me time' and I deserve it!

Hope this helps and sending a humungous hug xxx

It will get easier sweetheart. Most of us turn to food for all kinds of reasons so when we're dieting we miss it and so does our body. Well done for starting the weight loss now. Hang on in there and you'll be fine after a few more days xx

Awww you're all so nice.

However, I've come to the conclusion that it's not the diet - it's my bloody sad awful life.

Things haven't been great with me and hubby for ages and they're just getting progressively worse. I had a really hectic, stressful day today. He had the toddler. I came in at 5.15pm loaded with bags of shopping and an 11 year old that hadn't eaten all day. I hadn't eaten all day either. He knew this but as soon as I walked in he said "OK going to Dad's. See ya later." I asked could his dad not wait a little while (he's only gone round for a natter) and he said "Well you're here now."

But I haven't hit the biscuit barrel. Had my soup and ryveta and now going to get some melon. And when I eventually leave him he'll swear it was because I lost weight :rolleyes:

Good for you Karen!
Sometimes I find in life if you always have a 'Plan B' up your sleeve it helps you to cope with an existing situation.

Gives you time to consider your actions and reflect sensibly... keep losing the weight and think about how well you are going to be feeling... just one tip... make sure he provides a new wardrobe for you before you so you can get out on the town!

Much love and hugs and try and keep smiling regardless, your time will come xxx

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time at the moment. When things are not good at home it makes it all the harder to loose weight! Its like the world is against us being thin :eek: Try and stay positive (HUGS) X :D

Back