• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm feeling fed up today..... post bypasser pls

Andrea73

I'm feeling fed up today. I don't know what it is, I'm 4 days post op, not really feeling any pain just bloating/wind and I feel I would like to eat. I'm not hungry, in fact I am struggling to eat all I should. Could this be the problem??

I would really like the advice of all of those post bypass on how you manage your fluids and basically what your food intake is like for the whole day. I tried having a low fat hot choc last night and that did not go down well.

Please cheer me up and tell me what I am feeling is normal.

Andrea x

Hi, I've not had my op yet, but I just wanted to say hi and let you know that we are all here for you. Don't forget that you've only just had surgery, you are still recovering so don't expect to be 100% yet.

Be easy on yourself, these feelings will pass.

In the meantime, take your right hand and put it on your left elbow, then put your left hand on your right elbow. Done it? Now squeeze, this is a hug from us to you.

post op and anesthetic blues - totally normal. Feeling hungry in your head - completely normal. First two weeks for me were murder - my head wanted to liquidize chinese takeaway and pizza - it passes honestly. Soon as you go onto mush it will go. I know that the hospital advise that you should drink 2 pints of milk a day + other stuff at the beginning but I found it impossible. I would have a skimmed milk smoothie for breakfast (made myself with blended strawberries and banana), between breakfast and lunch there was either innocent smoothies for kids which have no sugar or a slimfast smoothie or water and at lunch a mug of soup - heinz cream of anything or fresh soups blended to get rid of the lumps. Then more smoothies or water and soup for supper. Not a tea or coffee fan hence none of that. You can also buy sugar free ice lollies which are fun and up your fluid intake. Perfectly normal not to want to 'eat' or drink. Its early early days so hang in there.

hi, totally pre op here but just wanted to say i have read so many similar posts in the past that i am sure what you are feeling is normal.
its only been a couple of days so its all new.
xxx

Hi there

I'm 8 days post op and can manage to drink most of the time without problems but not really bothered about eating either. Making myself have milky coffees, slimfast, smoothies and as much water, tea, coffee that I can manage but not sure if I'm having enough liquid. Really tired all the time as not sleeping well at night (can't get comfy). Sure we'll get there in the end - taking one day at a time and each one gets a little better.

Thanks for your reassurance. I'm managing to sleep great which is totally unusal for me even sleeping on my stomach!! i regulary drink peppermint tea so maybe thats why I've not got as much discomfort. I know what you mean though about wanting to liquidize a chinese. I just need to get through these few days and then onto mushier stuff and I'm sure I'll be fine.

Good luck to you all. x

Its sooo frustrating not being able to chew - I've even started looking forward to my Ad-Cal tablets just for something to crunch! Zxx

try and make some ice cubes made from low sugar squash - make a tray of them up and they should be about the right size with out you getting to fed up try either sucking or crunching them. If not have a sports bottle at the side of you and just keep sipping slowly and surely. It does get better honestly x x

Hi Andrea
What you are feeling is completly normal. The first two weeks are hard but it does get easier, keep up as much fluid as you can i froze low sugar juice and used them as the old "jubilees" that used to be around ha ha. i would have killed at some points to chew/sink my teeth into solid food but run with it and it won't be long till it gets easier. Big hugs xx

im 6days post op im not really craving anything im still on clear fluids and im slowly goin mad ive just made myself think ok 4 more days and i can have mash lol 4 more days and i can have a yoghurt take it day by day

i didnt feel hungry either ive got my mum comin in to my room contantly askin if i want tea and im sitting there with the soup she gave me two hous ago which is anoyin but she obviously cares

im not really hungry im just kinda tryin 2 force myself to get it down might aswel
what ive ound really nice are the marks and spencers strawberry milkshakes coz my dietitian wants me drinkin more milk based products than juices but its gettin borin now i hope i helped a bit
ima keep checkin this post as im kinda in the same boat as you

Got mega trapped wind tonight right in my middle and I'm walking round and round, up and down stairs trying to shift it. Hurts more than the OP pain at times and that's saying something. Reminds me of labour pains except in the wrong place :confused::eek::cry:Can't get much liquid down as the pain is worse when I try.

Daughter calling round tomorrow to take me to shops so peppermint tea is most definitely on the list.

didi - have you tried remegel as this also works for me.

Oh Yes Allie I remember the jubilees, how good were they. Used to pop the ice out and then turn them upside down cos that was the juiciest bit. LOL When did you go to your GP for a repeat prescription?

Just sitting here drinking my tesco ready made strawberry milkshake which is sursprisingly nice.

Back