• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Female monthly eating trends

tendersage

Does anyone else experience an inability to eat properly once a month, where you are unable to swallow more then a mouthful or two without starting to feel sick, or that its sat in a lump so no more will go down?

If so when each month during your cycle does this happen, before, during or after and how long does it last?

Do you have a few very good days eating just before this happens as if your body is preparing you for it?

How does this usually affect your metabolism and weight loss?

Hi Tender,
Every month I feel Yucky and not hungry at all, I get very tired easily and have no energy for nothing. I also get migrains, which could be due to the fact I am losing blood and need more fluids, I also get the 2 mouthfulls then a stuck lump feeling as if I just can not eat any more.
Its awful and usually starts the week before and during the TOM for me so roughly around 10 days, Its just ended for me, probably on Monday and now I feel like I can eat more again, also, usually only a 1lb loss around this time or I stay the same weight, But usually the following week I have a good loss around 3lb.

Jo sounds extremely similar to me i tjhink i never noticed it properly until now as it was hidden a bit by the over dosing of thyroxine which has now been reduced and of course is going to affect so many things until its stabalised again

Oo! I am fairly new to this, but I noticed that over the weekend and I am TOTM just now. Hmm. Must take note for next month!

For a few days the week before TOTM I want to eat everything in sight and crave all sorts of things, like carbs & fatty stuff. Then the day or so before and right through my TOTM I can't eat very much or even the smell turns my stomach. I end up eating several tiny meals because nothing sits 'right' in my pouch. I get migrains as well, they come on during TOTM and can last for days. After the migrains & TOTM disappear, I go back to regular eating. I usually gain a pound or stay the same during TOTM, but the next week I lose 1-2 more than my weekly average of 2.5-3.5lbs.

Nic;)

When I dieted hard a few years ago i found I couldn't lose anything the week before. But weight would plumet the week after/ during.

It does make sense that the body craves and hangs onto what it's got while it's building up blood supplies, and is not interested when loosing.

Interesting thread

Back