• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Plateau - :((((

sukay

Trying to focus on future
I have only lost an average of 1lb per week for the last month. The last week or two dropped 1lb so virtually stayed the same. During the month of March I showed a large gain at one point too (which has now gone)

Is it normal for the loss to slow down SO much?

Also am concerned about how much the surgeon has bypassed - could it be he hasn't bypassed enough? I am so worried that that I am now in the position I was BEFORE bypss, ie never being able to lose and keep it off.

I am eating more cals per day - around 1100 - and expected much more restriction than this.

Am I worrying unduly?

Don't worry Poppet, it happens to us all.

I have just had 2 weeks with no loss at all.

It really gets you down doesn't it.

But your body is desperately trying to cling onto your stores - you're starving it!!!

It'll start coming off again, promise.

xxx

You will get plateaus. We all do. I kick start mine by upping my protein in take, dropping my carbs and changing my exercise regime.

Try changing some things around in your diet and if you exercise now, do it differently. Something to give your body a little "shock" into losing again...

It will definately work and I wouldnt worry about the "bypass not working" You have already lost a fantastic amount and if it hadnt worked, you wouldnt have lost that.

Keep the faith and you will get there :)

M xxx

Sue

Its true it will start again. I often have plateaus for quite a few weeks sometimes. Just like the others say it will come off. It is very disheartening I know chin up hun

Jo
xx

I was done around the same time as you, Sukay, and I have been hanging around the same weight for the last couple of weeks. I seem to plateau for weeks and then lose a couple of pounds. But I know what you mean, it can be so frustrating!

Thank you for replying everyone..... I really hope it keeps dropping off :(

I try and eat at least 40g protein per day - usually 60g - and am swimming twice a week. Also MUCH more active generally which is good.

fingers crossed .....

dont forget muscle is heavier that fat so if you are working out you could be toning up and this could also effect the weight loss. I havent lost anything for a months but this week I have started the gym and have cut out the carbs restricting myself to 1 round of bread a day and I have tried to up my protein, will see if it has worked monday when I weight myself. You are doing great by the way

Hiya, you will go through plateua's but beleive me you will start up again make sure you eat plenty of protein and keep up the exercise it will start of again. janey:D:D

I too also had stops and starts and even regains. I was so worried but I upped the protein and that did the trick. I am now 8 months down the road and doing great! I lose about 1 lb a week. It will balance out for you. We all have our ups and downs.

I had a great loss rate until 3.5 months out. every since no matter what I do or change i lose 1lb per week/fortnight. I two have questioned my bypass, I am still a size 24 top and 22 bottom and for what I eat should be losing this weight, I have an under active thyroid that they are trying to balance but its only out by 25mcg or so , so it shouldnt have this affect i wouldnt think.

Its upsetting and this slow weight loss has lasted 2 months and 2 weeks. So much for if u dont eat the calories u will lose it.

I really hope u start losing again hun x :553:

Back