• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fills

Question how long do you have to wait before you can get your first fill ....

Think it depends on your provider - I had 4ml fill at op then 5 weeks after another ml then 3 weeks later .5ml x

Meggie moo said:
Think it depends on your provider - I had 4ml fill at op then 5 weeks after another ml then 3 weeks later .5ml x

Thanks Meggie having band fitted on the 8th December and want to book fill early because of Xmas and new year so hope to have 1st fill around 12th January ... Thanks for the heads up I just can't seem to find anyone who used the clinic I'm using on her because it's in Ireland

The first fill is normally around 6 weeks after your op. x

It really does vary with the provider. You will find a lot of people on here who have an amount put in at the time of surgery. My provider waits until 5-6 weeks post op and they don't put any in at the time of surgery. :)

Each provider is different. My first fill at six weeks took me to 7 mils in a 14 mil band.

Hey guys got my band fitted yesterday they fitted a 10ml band and there's a 3ml fill in it so I'm burping a lot and have some discomfort

Glad to hear that things in place, take it easy and follow your providers guidance, especially if they have advised liquids only etc. You may find, having that initial fill, that you won't necessarily need one so early in january!

Speedy recovery wishes :)

I had my first fill on Friday after having my op on the 23rd Oct. It went really well and I now have 4ml in a 10ml band. My nurse fill it up to 8ml so I understood the difference and mad me drink water throughout so I was happy it was sufficient. Have noticed some extra restriction of which i'm glad but am also happy to take it slowly. Will probably go for 2nd fil half way through January.

Back