• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally got a date

Rustyangel

I've just heard from the hospital and they have booked me in for surgery on 16th June.

I was told by the consultant that recovery is 4 - 6 weeks but I have a holiday booked 5 weeks after surgery and am worried that I won't be recovered enough to go and wondering if flying will cause problems.

Can anyone who has had a TT give me some idea how they were after 5 weeks? I'm having a straightforward apronectomy (not fleur de lys).

Any advice or info would be great.

Thanks

Debs xx

I don't have an answer for you Debs but just wanted to wish you all the very best for your TT xxx

Brilliant news, Karen x

I had a fleur de leyes 3 weeks Wednesday, I'm fine and even driving again but I still have pain getting up sometimes or going over speed bumps but this might also be because I had extensive muscle repairs done aswell. I could fly no problems now so you should be fine but I wouldn't advise going in a pool :)

Thanks all of you and especially Staffy...you've put my mind at rest. Holidays with no swimming will be odd and I guess I will still be wearing sexy support pants but better than no holiday at all!

Debs xxxx

Thanks Mandy. Do you mind me asking which hospital are you under and what sort of surgery are you having?

Back