• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Would I be a suitable candidate for a TT?

SacredSilence

Peter Facinelli & I
Hi all,

Sorry for invading your part of the board but was after some advice please?

Brief history, I am 4-5 stone overweight and have tried dieting and exercising and am currently on Xenical to try and lose the weight.

I also have an underactive thyroid and PCOS and have been on Metformin in the past and am on Thyroxine.

I managed to lose 22lbs myself with exercising and loosely following my own version of weight watchers but plateaued and couldn`t shift any more weight no matter what I tried :( Thats when I spoke to my Dr who recommended the Xenical.

I am currently into my third week on them and am eating all the right things and exercising and have had minimal weight loss and this week I GAINED 2lbs!!! :cry:

My stomach is really FUBAR due to having 4 children, A section with my last child and also major abdominal surgery (more or less same as section but not cutting the womb) including ruptering my bladder - all whilst I was 16 weeks pregnant with my youngest. So whatever weight I have lost so far, Doesn`t seem to affect my tummy :(

You can literally lift my stomach it is so awful, And it looks hideous!! (you can see how awful it is in my latest pics on here) and I often get a certain bit of my section scar gets really icky and sore.

So, I am wondering if I may be considered for a TT as I have already shown that I have tried to lose the weight and have had previous surgeries which means my tummy is buggered and no amount of weight loss is going to improve that.

I also have a history of Cancer which is partly what the major abdo surgery when pg was for which I know my PCT also consider as a reason for a TT. They also consider you for it if you have lost a lot of weight.

Am I living in laa laa land? Or have any of you managed to get funding for similar reasons?

I live in Surrey btw and am under Surrey Heath Borough Council.

Thanks for any advice,

LiSe Xxx

Hi ya,

Im sorry i dont have any real advice or anything but didnt want to read and run. Cor you have been through the mill with things though bless you. I personally would see you as a strong candidate to be approved a tt as you have been through a lot and sounds like whatever you do weightloss wise isnt really going to help your stomach area. I would say have a chat with your gp and tell them everything and every bit of history and see what happens. Im currently waiting to see if the pct agree me one or not. Not looking hopeful but hey worth a shot. Mine is due to 3 children, mass weight gain and weightloss in short space of time and real damaged stomach muscles now as a result and large overhang, we shall see though.
Go see your gp and let us know how that goes. Good luck with everything x x x

I think once you have lost the weight, then you probably would be considered a good candidate. However a TT is not a weight loss procedure and unless you have a close to healthy BMI i don't believe they would say yes.

That is only my opinion based on the usual criteria. (healthy BMI, non-smoker etc)

Stay on target with your dieting and hopefully the thought of a TT at the end will make you determined to continue on your weightloss journey.

I wish you all the luck in the world as i know what an impact something like this can have on confidence and your life.

xx

Back