• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Frustrated!

Rustyangel

Hi All

My pre-op assessment and seminar for TT surgery have been booked for 10th May but despite me harassing the hospital they cannot give me even a provisional date for surgery. The paperwork says that they only usually give two weeks notice. However, my employers want to arrange cover for the time I will be off so I have been trying to get a better idea of when the op is likely to be. The surgeon initially said we should be looking at the end of May but that admissions would confirm with me.

I have been calling the poor admission clerk weekly asking him to give me a provisional date and today when I spoke to him he said we are now looking at the end of June but still can't give me a date. This causes problems as I have a holiday abroad booked with family and friends in mid July and two weeks won't really give me time enough to recover sufficiently. The hospital knew about this pre-booked holiday right from the start.

I know I am very lucky to be on the list at all but I'm so frustrated that potentially this means putting the surgery back further until after my holiday. What is the point of having a pre-op in early May and then surgery some six weeks later? I don't get it! Surely the pre-op is to see that I am fit for surgery and so much can change in 6 weeks.

Sorry for ranting :sigh:

Debs xx

Hi, I'm having preop nx thurs and op on may 16 th they don't usually give more than one months notice but I kept on as boss nds time to arrange cover too! It's so annoying isn't it? I would ring and explain and maybe unwilling be offered earlier app? Gd luck x

Thanks for the reply hon. I have explained everything to the admissions clerk and he has promised to talk to the surgeon. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens next!

Debs xxx

Back