• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally had it done .....

Astria

Hiya I finally had my sleeve a week ago .... Looking forward to getting to the purée stage as already fed up of fluid lol
Finding it hard to manage the 1.5 litres a day anyone got any tips lol

Laaux

Hiya I finally had my sleeve a week ago .... Looking forward to getting to the purée stage as already fed up of fluid lol
Finding it hard to manage the 1.5 litres a day anyone got any tips lol

It is really hard the first few weeks. I got no way near the recommended amounts of fluid but remember your liquid food all counts towards your goal. It gets easier everyday, keep up the good work! X

Astria

Hi ty for your reply, I am trying so hard to get a litre in a day and my 3 meals and 3 snacks I get pain more with cold fluids looking forward to starting my purée stage in cpl of days Xmas din dins of a spoon yum yum lol xx

slimkim

How are you getting on one month later? Your sidebar shows a tremendous weight loss :eek: Was it all since the surgery?

Astria

Hiya I'm doing ok ty I struggle a bit getting all the food and drink in lol but I feel good in myself .
I lost a lot before surgery since the surgery I have lost 23lbs on the pre op I lost 14lbs and I managed to lose 4 and a half stone over the last 20 months .

slimkim

I'm glad you are feeling much better. I like reading about those first months post op just to see the variety in the stories.

Are you struggling to get in all the food because you hate the consistency or do you think your food tastes have changed or are you just not interested in food?

Good Luck!

Astria

If you are having a sleeve you will be very pleased with it, it allows you so much more freedom than a bypass with the same benifts.
With my food issues I'm really just not hungry and I'm on soft foods now and I really can' find things I want to eat, i managed half a large fishcake tonight which was nice I get the feeling in my chest that tells me I'm full it' hard when food has ruled ur life to leave stuff on ur plate lol but easier to use a baby bowl looks bigger haha and mini milk Lilly's were heaven on my first 4 weeks.
I looked at so many story's and things people had said and I was very nervous day of surgery but I can honestly say I had no pain r gas pain and was in 2 nights day I was let out I went to Sainsbury's haha anything you would like to know please ask I'm a open book lol x

slimkim

Wow in Sainsbury right after you left the hospital :eek:

I'm worried about the gas pains. I hope I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't experience it too bad. I've bought loads of peppermint tea already to be prepped.

Did the NHS give you a food plan to follow with recipe suggestions and yes/no foods? I find it hard to think of purred food. I dislike the consistency of mushy foods, I can't even stomach porridge so definitely not looking forward to that stage.