• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally!!

mighty1888

So after 4 cancellations and 8 weeks on the pre-op diet I've finally had my gastric bypass today.

Went without a hitch, my surgeon said my liver was big, as I naturally have a big liver apparently but it wasn't fatty because of the pre-op diet so he was able to move it without a hitch.

I am more than happy I have finally made it "to the otherside"

Big smiles all round

Yay! Well done on getting to the other side :)

Hope you have a good recovery, take it easy x

Woo hoo yay!
All budge up we have another loser on the bench! Im so happy for you im doing a jig back here for you!!
Now go and rest up get some sleep your new life starts from here x

Woo hoo yay! All budge up we have another loser on the bench! Im so happy for you im doing a jig back here for you!! Now go and rest up get some sleep your new life starts from here x

Thanks guys, been a hard slog but glad I'm here finally. Haven't really been able to sleep much as we have a sleep talker and two snorers on the ward. Will just have to wait til there up and then try and nap.

well done you, you made it to the losers bench finally! and well done for sticking with it despite all those cancellations, hope your feeling good today? x

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling abit like I've been run over by a bus, but oral morphine seems to help abit.

I get this gurgling in my stomach and throat, then sharp pains, I'm guessing that is the wind. Got my peppermint tea handy however hard to get fluids in as hurts when it hits my stomach.

I am however still smiling as I know it's only temporary and will get better.

Seen my surgeon a little while ago who has said he will come back and see me tomorrow morning and will discharge me then yaay, however I do need to up my liquid intake

I am hoping that I can take some of the oral morphine home as paracetamol isn't seeming to help with pain.

Aww Mighty you kept that quiet. Glad all went well. What ward you on? Rest up and keep sipping that water! And use your dry mouth spray ! And welcome to losers bench x

They only told me the day before so didn't have much preparations for it, had to rush home from work to wash night clothes and pack case.

Today I'm feeling alot better, I can't stop smiling. Yesterday I thought I'm forever going to be in pain every time I drank, I new I was being a drama queen though as from everyone's examples knew it got better.

I'm up and out of bed, walking around, still sore, able to wash in the bathroom instead of yday having to wash sitting in the chair next to my bed. The pain whilst swallowing has almost gone, Slowly sipping a hot vimto. Still the gurgling in my stomach which I think is wind trying to escape, but I can live with that :)

Glad you are feeling better :)

Aww Mighty the rumbles are normal i still get them when waiting and drinking now. Upwards and onwards hun! Keep us updated on your progress! Xx

Just waiting to be discharged now , can't believe how long it takes for the pharmacy to prescribe things for you. I guess they have to do other wards, I'm about ready to moonwalk outta here.

:)

Just waiting to be discharged now , can't believe how long it takes for the pharmacy to prescribe things for you. I guess they have to do other wards, I'm about ready to moonwalk outta here. :)
I had same problem as i wAs discharged on a Sunday it took all day! What ward you on? How you feeling??

I had same problem as i wAs discharged on a Sunday it took all day! What ward you on? How you feeling??

I was finally allowed to go about 3:30, even though surgeon discharged me about 10:30.

I was on ward 10 I think. I'm feeling pretty good considering the surgery . Haven't felt any restriction yet but have been taking things easy, managed a hot vimto this morning, and a protein shake. And some watered down cream of chicken soup when I got in. Going to have to re-read the liquid diet stage of my book as not sure exactly what and how much I should be having so far. Am just constantly sipping a teaspoon amount all throughout the day.

You're still an honorary Decemberer!

Welcome to the losers' bench... eventually.

From here the only way is down.

Back