• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 days!!

Hi everyone!

I only have 5 days left until I travel 400 miles to have my bypass done. 5 days until my new life begins. Can't wait.

For the best part, I've been sticking to the pre-op diet and have switched all of my foods to low fat alternatives and stocked up on a ridiculous amount of bottled water (my tap water tastes horrid). I've slipped up a couple of times, the two big ones is when I went out for a family meal and had a steak pie and on another day, I had a kebab (but I did declare this kebab to be my very last :wave_cry:).

Throughout the whole pre-op diet, I've had the thought of my fatty liver at the back of my mind and the worry that the operation won't go ahead because my huge liver hasn't shrunk enough (the two biggest slip ups certainly added to the worry). Am I worrying over nothing? Any tips that could help shrink my liver more until the big day?

I quit smoking at the start of this week (left it until the last minute as so I don't pile on the pounds), currently on patches but they'll be removed come the weekend so my body is completely nicotine free for the op.

What sort of pain will I expect following the op?

Nerves haven't kicked in yet, it's more excitement I'm feeling than anything.

I'll be totally honest and say I thought the pain wasn't too bad.
And having morphine on a drip,I felt I didn't need it.
The nurses told me off for not taking advantage of it!
Had it once and I coped without as it made me feel sick.
The wind pains is what hurts,get yourself some peppermint tea bags,they are much better than windeze etc..
Good luck

Back