• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finding a reason to go out now rather than stay in

Mixman

Well, when I go home tomorrow, I spend a lot of time away at my fiancé's, I will be going to the shops.

Not because I want anything but because I want to try and bump into people that know me. :D

Before, I used to go early in the morning or late at night. Would hate late at night as the local kids sometimes congregate. At times I've driven back out if I've seen them standing there for fear or name calling.

Now, I find an excuse to go. Sometimes twice a day :D

Does anybody else find an excuse to go out now?

How things have changed lol

Good on you mixxy! I love going out now, its sooooo nice to be able to jump into an outfit, look in the mirror and like what you see where as before i would stand for ages trying to find something to wear and when i did, i'd hate it because it looked awful i'd just stand there looking in the mirror and cry. I'm so glad those days are over xxx

I'm the same, I rarely sit still or stop in now, and am far more confident about going places on my own:D:D

i find it amazing how many people come into my shop and ask where the big bloke is? its me just smaller honest.
makes me feel good when they dont regonise me. it will be my 1st anniversery on the 29th if any of the people who where on the ward with me on the 29th, 30th 31st or the 1st are reading hope its going as well for you as it is for me.
i would like to thank not just shaw and his team at st richards but all the terams arround the country for giving us back our lives.
dave

Back