• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

here i go!!

the lady Sarah

Well this is me:
I've been overweight my whole life. At 10 I was ten stone at 16 I was 16 stone until I hit 24 stone at 32. Being six foot tall no one realised how much I actually weighed until I prolapsed 2 discs in my back this November. The reason for it sheer weight on my frame.
Everyone has told me I would develop diabetes or would wear my knees out with my weight but I didn't think I was that bad as felt quite healthy but now I can't stand for more than 10 minutes at a time, can't lift anything heavier than the cat and can't even do my own shopping. Adding insult to injury I'm struggling to keep my butt clean because my stomach gets in the way (not admitted that to anyone!!) My toe nails are in reach sideways but I can't cross my legs so my foot sits alongside my calf.
I can't go on rides, some furniture is dubious for me (I've broken two beds), even office furniture is not suitable most of the time and I have broken two toilet seats.
I have done the 5:2 diet, weight watchers, slimming world, Cambridge, Atkins, low calorie, low fat, rosemary Connelly, and plain just not eating. I don't eat until I'm sick but do eat food that give me acid reflux and indigestion all night.
I've seen a shrink and I just like food apparently!

I got very depressed because I don't go out. I don't really go out as my friends don't live near me and if I do go out then I think people are judging me - I don't think I'm interesting and feel that I annoy people....I have actually been told this.
I use humour as a defence mechanism which means I'm the funny fat girl.
I'm single because men get the impression I'm only wanting sex but I really want a relationship.

These are all things that I know I can fix.
I'm trying to be more feminine and learning how to date.
I'm trying to not impose my opinion on others or interrupt other people's conversation.
I'm trying to get my health in order( 52 days non smoking) and losing weight will be part of this too. As such last Wednesday after being referred in November I was confirmed on the mdt....it seems like it's taking ages to get the nod that I can! Patience is a virtue but this is taking the Mickey now.... they say it'll take at least 8 weeks from this point.

Well that's me I thought I would say hello!
I'm hopeful that I won't have too much loose skin and got my target...also looking forward to making new friends on here!!!

Fab start to your diary I wanted to wish you well xx

hello lady sarah
great 1st post just popped up to say hi and good luck with everything

Hellos Sarah, Wishing luck for a speedy date! Claire :)

Hi Sarah, just wanted to say hello as we are both in very similar place at the moment. I'm also at the start of my wls journey and I'm having my 1st appointment in 2 weeks.

I could identify with so much of your post it was silly lol.

If you need any advice then you're in the right place definitely. Best of luck with your wls journey and I hope you get what you dream of xx

Hi Sarah, just want to say goodluck on your journey !! I can relate to nearly all of what your saying, i think most of us can really. I wish you all the best & as my op date is getting nearer i like to use this forum to get the most support i can.. you can never have too much support :) again goodluck :)

Good luck on your journey! I know it feels like it's taking forever but it'll be here before you know it. I waited 14-15 months from referral to surgery and at times I felt like giving up it was taking so long! It will be worth it though x

Back