• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first appointment for wls

kaycee00

ok today i had the first appointment on the road to wls ..i am lost ,it was very strange :sigh:,first it was a group appointment ..meet the team . at the end a young man came round an asked what if any surgery i would like to have ? i dont no what is best for me yet need to speek to the doctor and see what they think ..me i would like to have gastric bypass ,as i would be able to play games with the amount of food i could eat and all the filling puts me of with the band from what i have read ? i dont no if this is true as i dont no people with the band .. a frend has had the sleve and can eat way to much shes only had it 4 months ? oh the appointment was at charring cross hosp . i was told that i will get the next appointment in 6 to 8 weeks .seems like so long ,first went to gp back in jan so nearly six months gone and not much happening just gota keep on going ,herd it can take 2 years ?? i suppose not that long i ve been a big girl for 16 years so 2 should be a walk in the park :)

Hi Kaycee and :welcome2:to mini's.
Good luck on whatever decision you make regarding your weight loss surgery. I have the band as I felt this option was the best for me. I know some people say that they can't be bothered with going for fills etc but to me this will keep me on guard because I know there'll be a closer watch over me so I won't cheat lol. Just research all options before you make a final decision.

hello ladys ...thanks for your messages ...margret how long have u been going to the hospital 4 ..if u dont mine me asking just trying to work out how long this is going to take .... thanks

Back