• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Appointment - nervous

hopefulmum

Hi all, hope we are all good?

I am a little excited, nervous, apprehensive, excited...dunno really

I have just made my appointment with Mr Galloway in Glasgow for this coming monday to discuss treatment and hopefully book a date and dont know a whole lot of what to expect

It is with assure at nuffiled and dont know anyone personally that has been treated there but know he has a great reputation so though I would come on here and see if anyone else had seen him...

Anyway hope to hear from you all soon,

HM x

Hi and good luck x

It's normal to feel nervous. I was a little nervous
But it will pass before you know it. Good luck.

I am having a nervous day today.. My band is being done on the 1st Sept. some mornings i wake up really positive and then other mornings I am pooing my pants!

ohh its so exciting when you meet with the team to discuss surgery, good luck and keep us updated hun x

I hope that your appointment went well. I had mine on July 10th, my surgery booked due to work commitments on August 23rd. It took me almost 7 years to make that call so I so understand how you feel.

Hope it went well!

Kat x

hi all, thanks so much for your kind wishes I really am feeling the anxiety now, its tomorrow at 4pm!

Need to make sure I ask all the right things. Has anyone gone through Nuffield? Or Assure ( i think they are one in the same)

Did it go okay? Do you feel okay? Let us one how you got on. T xxx

Well...had my appointment and have fixed a date - 26th of September. Went really well the doctor was brilliant just so straight forward, down to earth and understanding. I was so worried before I went, all day at work I was worried but it went great !

I have an appointment with a dietitian on Thursday night so I seem to have a lot to keep me busy! I would love to start a diary of my progress. From the awful moment when you have to step on the scales and you find out how much you really weigh!

Hopeful mom your op is the day before mine (I'm getting banded. At Dolan park) would love to hear how it goes for you x

Am so glad it went well. That scales moment isn't the best, I found the prodding of the tummy the worst part lol

yeah that was pretty bad!

It was amusing he asked me the last time I was weighed. I replied that I had a small laprascopic surgery a few months ago and they weighed me. At the time they weighed me in Kg not in Lbs - they asked me if I would like to know what that was in Stone and Lbs I replied no. When they asked me why i replied its fine I dont know what the Kg mean so really this is like me not knowing what weight I am!

He found this story amusing...

Back