• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Contact !

Silversurfer

No i've not met an alien or refering to Star Trek (for all you trekies out there) i'm talking about your first food achievments post operation !

This weekend has seen a few firsts for me that i'm really pleased about. Friday i had dinner out and quiet a lot to drink for the first time since my op and managed it ok, Saturday i treated myself to something i've fancied for a while now........a McDonalds fillet o' fish and managed the entire burger despite not being very good with bread, and today i went out for lunch and managed chicken and some salad almost as well as a civillian non bypasser :D

Sadly i 'HAD TO BUY MY OWN FILLET O' FISH' having been promised one by someone else ! ;)

So go on then be a devil and spill the beans about your first step back into the real world of food !

Richard

:devilangel:

im a bander with no restriction so can still eat whatever i want appart from crusty bread and tomatoes but i would kill for a chinese as im being very carefull and healthy

Well the drink has probably been the first thing i have pushed on. i haven't really pushed the food yeat for fear of throwing up or having the runs. did have an onion bhaji and poppadum the other night which was yum!!
wouldn't of even thought of trying the fillet of fish from mcdonalds. may have to give it a go. if i throw up i'll blame you ha ha x

I've had a kids turkey breast salad mini-sub (on wheat bread) from subway. couldn't eat it all though!

I haven't really been naughty. I've had a biryani, and a fat free chicken chow mein (fried in soy), but I've made sure that I explain to the person cooking it that it must be fat free or I'll be back to throw up on them!

I have the occasional small amount of chocolate, like one square at a time, the most I've had in one go is a fun size milky way! It's mostly PMT related :D

TBH, I haven't wanted bad stuff really, I'm learning to respect my body more and consider what i put in it. I try to stick to the principals of only feeding my body things it can use for good, as that's what I deserve. I sound like a self help book so I shall shut up now :giggle:

Granary bacon bap this weekend - yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!!!!

Sadly i 'HAD TO BUY MY OWN FILLET O' FISH' having been promised one by someone else ! ;)

Richard

:devilangel:

Fillet of fish!!!! I would have demanded sea bass with sauted baby leeks on a bed of courgettes lol.

Naughtiest thing I have had since bypass is sausage tried it for the first time in ages recently and it was lovely, no dumping or anything. Decided its once in a while treat but have to be honest could have it everyday :D

Fillet of fish!!!! I would have demanded sea bass with sauted baby leeks on a bed of courgettes lol.

Naughtiest thing I have had since bypass is sausage tried it for the first time in ages recently and it was lovely, no dumping or anything. Decided its once in a while treat but have to be honest could have it everyday :D

Glad you like sausage ! but do hope it was a southern sausage and not northern ! we have such a range of great tasting sausage in the south i'm sure even a hardened northern lass such as yourself would find something to tickle your taste buds !
I agree though having it every day would become boring, but once in a while keeps things a bit spicy and alive.

Sadly Caroline someone promised to take me to MacDonalds for my Fillet o' fish, but walshed out on the deal, so i had to resort to buying my own ! :D

Hi,

Well, I consider myself to be lucky when it comes to food. Yeah I do dump on too much sugar and fat...but thats to be expected:D. Well, actually I'm a bit dodgy on too much milk...so maybe not so lucky?? lol

I can eat all foods..bread pasta rice etc. What I am surprised about is the amount of salad I can eat!!lol. I know it all mushes to water, but I can eat a lot of it.

I have chunky fries at Burger King:rolleyes: I'm veggie..so no burger for me! I've had pizza, chinese and I can even eat a spicy indian!! Yay. Of course its small portions, but I am pleased I can still eat a varied type of food, and go to restaurants etc. I dont eat this all the time! I'm on a helathy diet:D

Kel xxx

Back