• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass newbie looking for advice and friends

Hi Janey,
Well done you on your weight loss-it's fantastic!
Sorry to be so clueless about liquid diets, I've just never got into them. I like my food too much. So how has your recovery been? Did you go 4 keyhole?
I'm trying 2 cut down my smoking before Froday's consultation. Got some niquitine inhalors. Can you use them before the op?
I have a provisional operation date for May 31st-scary!
Sara xxx

Hi Sara,
Yes mine was done by keyhole! i have six lines where they cut me, although they are not very big (biggest is about 1inch 1/2) and i am sure they will fade in time.
My recovery has been going well, the first week i was in a little bit of pain but most of it was down to feeling bloated! I'm sure you can you niquitine inhalors before your op but not sure so make sure you ask your doc, i was told i could use the patches!
Only a month to go for you then!! yay
I love food to, but the pre op diet i think is that hardest part of all, and just say to your self that this will be the last crazy diet you are every going to have to do
are you on the nhs or private?
janey x

Hi All

So this is where all the chatting happends. pick me pic me i want to join. Its nice to be able to chat to everyone and maybe give advice when possible. For one when i give advice it sort of answers any question i would have aswell. As it makes me think and for a change i feel like im making sisnse :D

Ill start by saying a littel about my self and what ive been upto.

1st my name is Mark i live in the midlands UK . im 4 weeks post gastric bypass for which i had been fighting to get for years as my nhs dont fund.
But thats old news im out and getting better everyday.
I started life as a fit person training 5-7 times a week as i fought for our glorious country in full contact taekwondo.
But while doing this i injured my knee. so i had a rest and hoped it would get better but alas it didnt . so i had a operation which went wrong and made me inactive for a while making me heavy and finally making diabetic.
So now im back on the fixing raod not diabetic anymore and more mobile.

Well thats me rounded up , i hope we can all have a good chit chat

Speak soon

Hi Mark

Glad you have joined us and welcome..........

My name is Mandy and i am due to go into hospital on 15th May for the Gastric Bypass... I have strugled for at least 25 years with my weight and got worse with my depression, I comfort eat.......... I am now back to being my heavist of just under 21 stone......

I am diabetic due to my size.... my depression doesnt help either......

I am lucky as I have been quite fortunate getting mine on the NHS....

I have started my liver reducing diet today, they started me on a helathy diet from March and told me to start this a week before, i spoke to my dietician and she said it would be fine for me to start two weeks before......

have to say I have doen well so far but have to say I am starving.... I have done nearly 3 litres of water so far...... and still got a good two hours before my tea.........

I am trying to just keep focused on this is the last crazy diet and it will be worth it......

So welcome

Hi Mark and Mandy!
It's nice to have more of u to chat 2.
You sound like you're doing really well Mark - well done:)
Mandy, your op will be a couple of weeks before mine. How are you feeling? It's nice to come across someone doing the same thing at around the same time. Where are you having yours done? I'm going to Manchester.
Keep in touch,
Sara

Hi Sara

Yes 16 days to go and can't wait, am feeling nervous but i am happy......... I am having mine done in Southampton......

Yes is good to have someone having theirs around the same time!!!!

Hi Janey,
I've laready written this reply but it mysteriously disappeared! Im doing private cos I just can't wait to get it over and done with. If I wait I'll gain more weight and change my mind! I'm not looking forward to paying though, but I guess you can't put a price on a life change can you?
Sara xxx

I went private as well and it is a lot of money, but it all does happen very quickly, where as with the nhs it could be dragged out for some time. and i do think you get alot of better care and attention, and on going support after the op with private, not that i am saying anything is wrong with the nhs.

You will love it, I am only 4 weeks post op and doing great, i get the odd little blitch but apart from that everything goes well, and today was the first time i have felt hungry and wanted to eat!

xx

I am still peed off about my news (see its now or never thread). :mad: Hi and welcome to the new people. Lol, just thought I can't call us WLS chicks anymore unless Mark's willing to become an honourary chick? Can't see it happening really. :giggle:

Hi Janey,
It's great that it's only now you feel hungry. I've been grazing all day and had a few smokes cos i was up all night in casualty with my boyfriend. He had severe pains in kidneys and bowel and he's been sent home with tablets without a confirmed diagnosis. they said it was trial and error! I'm so glad I'm doing this op private if that's what the NHS is like (no offence if anyone works in hospitals, but i'm tired and stressed so forgive me pls!).
Just finished writing a feature for uni portfolio. so now going to act like a nurse for my baby.

Hi Lyn,
I'm so glad to be a soon to be WLS chick today. It's great to have the support. I'm not v good with finding threads. What's your news? Sorry to hear you're peeved off. Try not to let it affect your goals cos you're doing so well. Don't lose sight of the ultimate goal.

Take care everybody xxx

ive been doing well, had a salad tonight, humous and a pitta bread it was scrummy... ive lost 5 stone since the 13th jan and im in a size 20 jeans for the first time in around 15 years!!! ppl have started to say i look smart and proffessional in my work uniform instead of a mess lol... and the man in my life wen hugging me this morning said wow babe youve got a waist now!!! lol.... so i just wanted to share my happiness (and worries) wiv my bypass buddies!!
im starting to notice i have bingo wings now gross.... shudda started gym earlier but time seems to have flown by!!! so take heed newbies!!
also my man expressed a worry that id get too slim be full of myself and leave him.... and theres me worrying that im gonna lose too much weight and hes gona lose interest and leave me!!! i met him in a nightclub night 4 big women and the men who love them!! but wotever happens im happier healthier and more confident slimmer....
any of you got those sort of relationship worries????
Dxxx

Hi All

So this is where all the chatting happends. pick me pic me i want to join. Its nice to be able to chat to everyone and maybe give advice when possible. For one when i give advice it sort of answers any question i would have aswell. As it makes me think and for a change i feel like im making sisnse :D

Ill start by saying a littel about my self and what ive been upto.

1st my name is Mark i live in the midlands UK . im 4 weeks post gastric bypass for which i had been fighting to get for years as my nhs dont fund.
But thats old news im out and getting better everyday.
I started life as a fit person training 5-7 times a week as i fought for our glorious country in full contact taekwondo.
But while doing this i injured my knee. so i had a rest and hoped it would get better but alas it didnt . so i had a operation which went wrong and made me inactive for a while making me heavy and finally making diabetic.
So now im back on the fixing raod not diabetic anymore and more mobile.

Well thats me rounded up , i hope we can all have a good chit chat

Speak soon

hi mark!! really plsd to meet u!! im donna i started this thread wen i was 4 weeks post op!!! wot a strange and wonderful journey wer taking ay?? and its wonderful that theres so many ppl to share it with!!! hows it all going wiv u???
im 12 weeks post op now but it feels like a lifetime lol....
Dxxx

ive been doing well, had a salad tonight, humous and a pitta bread it was scrummy... ive lost 5 stone since the 13th jan and im in a size 20 jeans for the first time in around 15 years!!! ppl have started to say i look smart and proffessional in my work uniform instead of a mess lol... and the man in my life wen hugging me this morning said wow babe youve got a waist now!!! lol.... so i just wanted to share my happiness (and worries) wiv my bypass buddies!!
im starting to notice i have bingo wings now gross.... shudda started gym earlier but time seems to have flown by!!! so take heed newbies!!
also my man expressed a worry that id get too slim be full of myself and leave him.... and theres me worrying that im gonna lose too much weight and hes gona lose interest and leave me!!! i met him in a nightclub night 4 big women and the men who love them!! but wotever happens im happier healthier and more confident slimmer....
any of you got those sort of relationship worries????
Dxxx

Hi Donna

On the relationship front, when i lost weight on LL me and my husbadn went threw and awful time, his insecurities and mine but mainly his, he felt that now I was slim and confident Iwouldn't want him and became al most impossible.... thankfully we worked threw it and are still getting threw it... I think he does have his worries but is starting to relise that I Love him...... we have been threw so much with my depression and that, that it has been really hard....... but I can happily say taht on May 23rd we will be celebrating 10yrs of Marriage and that on the 21st May my birthday we are celebrating 14years of being together........

It is very strange how insecure we become when something changes!!!!!!!

Hi Mandy,
I'll be thinking of you as it gets closer to your op. How are you feeling now?

Hi Donna,
Relationships do change and have to so that they last. If they don't survive the changes, then they weren't meant to last, but if the relationship's strong enough and you both try your best to make it work, then your relationship will become stronger as a result.
I, personally, lost weight by dieting and my whole perspective on life and relationships changed. I realised that I needed and deserved more. I felt absolutely terrible about it at the time (hurting someone tends to do that) but I am glad that I made some drastic changes to my life. Unfortunately, it wasn't easy and "Surprise surprise", i turned to food. lol. Everyone is different, but I'm glad that I went through the hassle to get out the other side a new and more posivive person. Only you can decide on the best option for you...

Hi Everyone,
Well, I went for my consultation for the gastric bypass and it went v.smoothly. The surgeon was laughing his head off at how many questions I had. He has never seen anyone who has done so much research. He says that I am a perfect candidate, so it's all booked for May 31st. I'm just hoping I son't get cold feet in the meantime!!

Hi Mandy,
I'll be thinking of you as it gets closer to your op. How are you feeling now?

Hi Donna,
Relationships do change and have to so that they last. If they don't survive the changes, then they weren't meant to last, but if the relationship's strong enough and you both try your best to make it work, then your relationship will become stronger as a result.
I, personally, lost weight by dieting and my whole perspective on life and relationships changed. I realised that I needed and deserved more. I felt absolutely terrible about it at the time (hurting someone tends to do that) but I am glad that I made some drastic changes to my life. Unfortunately, it wasn't easy and "Surprise surprise", i turned to food. lol. Everyone is different, but I'm glad that I went through the hassle to get out the other side a new and more posivive person. Only you can decide on the best option for you...

Hi Everyone,
Well, I went for my consultation for the gastric bypass and it went v.smoothly. The surgeon was laughing his head off at how many questions I had. He has never seen anyone who has done so much research. He says that I am a perfect candidate, so it's all booked for May 31st. I'm just hoping I son't get cold feet in the meantime!!

Well done!!!!! so pleased for you..... two weeks after my op!!!!! we can go threw it all together and when you are nervouc you can pm me..... I have sent you a private message with all my details..... good luck

thanx for the encouraging words guys.... he said my figure is looking good in bed last night so i guess hes happy lol... but your right whatever will be will be.... ill be thinking of u guys wen u have ur op's come on and let me know how ur doing....
Donna xxxx

Back