• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first day and night

hopelesscase

Where is my phone what time is it 4am and my bloody neck is killing me. I also have no water. Where is my glass someones nicked it. Ah found the buzzer to call for help next min a male nurse arrived I asked him if i could have something for my neck as it was hurting and he said lets try changing position first. I said hang on a min i have a sore neck im not that type of girl!!!!! any way after he had finished laughing and i appologised for my inappropriate reply he helped me sit up so i decided i would go to the loo at the same time. ( this wasnt my first visit to the loo niagra falls had flowed earlier in the eve but i forgot about that. I was lucky as the loo was right next to my bed so didnt have far to go) so i waddled off with drip stand and arse flashing whilst he sorted my pillows and got me some water. When i got back to my bed he helped me back in and plugged my legs in again he said he would check in on my in 15 mins and see how my nexk was then. Hence to say even if he did come back in i dont remember as i must of gone straight off back to sleep.
The next thing i remember is the day staff and night staff doing their hand over at the bottom of my bed. I had been monitered throughout the night BP. oxygen levels and temp but they had not onced disturbed me.
Not long after Mr ammori came to see me and said he was impressed with my recovery and gave my my instructios for the next few weeks and wished me well. then the anethasis came and said he was happy to report he managed not to give me a blue rince. But still liked my bag. I had some more paracetamol the nurse then came and showed me how to give me my injection removed my cannula and moon boots.
Breakfast arrived but i was still on sips of water but by mid morning was allowed free fluid so i had a coffee yuck. I then went for a shower which was bliss. Lunch came and i had my strained pea and ham soup which wasnt bad but me and the other woman who had had the bypass kept looking at each other with every spoon we took by 6 spoons i had an elephant sat on my chest again so knew i had had enough. I got up and had a wander up and down the ward and it soon passed. My mobile had been busy all morning with friends texting and emailing me i have a blackberry which is great as friends who cant use there phones in work were able to keep in touch.
After lunch i had a sleep in time for afternoon visiting. My sister and son came to see me as it was his day off but only after calling at the pub for a pub lunch. After visiting i had a glass of milk ok half a glass then i was stuffed. the dietition came to see me and went through the diet sheets and checked that i had everything i needed. Mr Ammori had said he wanted us to stay till after tea to make sure there were no problems so once i had had my tea of strained ministronie soup i was able to get dressed and go home with my bag of goodies liquid paracetamol,codein, fast tabs, injections, sharps box spare socks contact numbers and diet sheets. Its only a 20 min drive from the hospital to my house but i fell asleep.
once i got in my son made me a cup of horlicks and my friend bobbed in to see me.
I hit the sack about 9pm and decided to take a dose of codein as well as the paracetamol as i know it makes me drowsy and i slept till 4 am had a pee and went back to sleep till 8am. Had absolutly no trouble sleeping on either side and woke feeling refreshed and as though i had been kicked in the stomach by a horse sore but not in pain.

Glad to see you safely on the other side - heres to a smooth recovery and the pounds rolling off

M

Back