• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vickykirby's lap band-surgery day!

vickykirby

Well the day finally arrived! I was all over the place. the thoughts running through my mind were unbelievable! Will Imake it home, Will I see my kis again! I was sooooo emotional! But when I arrived at the hospital the thoughts had gone! I went to the kings treatment centre at derby city hospital, I was told was 3rd on list and that I had lost 9lb on pre op diet! yay!
I was then took to a waiting room, and the aneathatist and surgeon came to see me and asked what questions i had. There was just the one"how do you wake me up?!" He said" well at the moment we can use either poking or hitting with a stick" "you get three goes for a tenner" lol so that put my mind at ease!
So from tht room i was transferred to another waiting room opposite the theatre! But that waiting room wasin the process of being moved! Lol, so me , my frien and the other guy who was waiting to have a lap band done ended goin to the ward! I was on ward 311 room 2b!
I sat in the day room with my friend until i started feeling light headed and really thirsty, Baring in mind i hadnt had a drink since 5 am, and food was 3pm the afternoon befor! My friend fetched a urse, and she was like" well your next in surgery, you really ought to be getting gowned up!" OMG ALL THE THOUGHT I HAD THIS MORNING ALL CAME BACK TO ME! I didnt let it show tho!
Off we went to my ward, and the sister whos was looking after me came with a very fetching "Ann summers" green gown and matching panties! But she dd say the pants are crap and can wear my own if wanted, so i did!
They then took me to theatre waiting area at 1.40pm.......
My friend text everyone to let them know I had gone to theatre, unbeknown to he I was delayed until 2.50pm! The patient befor me was having gallblader stones removed, and being x rayed at same time, so there was no way i was goin straight in! So whilst I was waiting the man from reception came talking to me! His name was Charlie, He was great. Well until he asked what i would be doing today...then i started crying trying to tell hi i woul be fetchin kids from school! lol, he said" if i had know i was gonna make u cry i woul have stayed over there" bless him, then Julia and Emilie, came to take me to be put under.....and i wasnt really bothered. The aneathatist came in Had all checks done, and everything was fine! I can remember himsaying look straight up at me, and last thing I can remember was all the tiles on the ceiling joined together!!!....................................................................................................

"I feel sick" was the first thing i said when i woke up! But I wasnt !
Then i thought "yay im alive" "have i had it done?" I had no pressure as in trapped wind etc.........
Yes it was done!
I rememver waking up t 4.35pm, then dozed off till bout 4.55pm, then was taken to my ward....my friend was soooo worried, no one had told her what was happeneing! lol bless her.
i can remember gagging for a drink, and even managed a tea yummy. I was dozing in and out all night, can remember looking at the end of bed once and my surgeon was there, saying haow pleased he was, and everything went fantastic! I just said "thankyou" and went bk to sleep! ...........................to be continued ;)

I'm really pleased everything went well for you, look forward to seeing all your updates.

I'm going in today at 2pm, the big day is tomorrow.
I know what you mean, i am getting all those thoughts, will i see my little boys again??? I am soooo nervous its unreal.

so glad it went well. ill be having my bypass soon and the anestatist has prommised if i need it i can have a happy pill wen i get to hospitall.

does that mean we are all too late to pay our tenners to wake you up?:D:D:D

Really eally pleased it went so well and your feeling fine...cant wait to hear more when your feeling stronger xxx

thanks guys, i am feeling better every day! i keep havin little naps, but figure thts only helping me by my body relaxing x

Back