• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first fill and always hungry

bikerlady

Hi everyone, I had my first fill (3ml) almost 2 weeks ago and to be honest, I feel more hungry now than I did when I was on liquids and mushy! I thought I would not be physically capable of eating much more than a side plate of food, but when I eat I dont feel any fullness or restriction and think if I didnt control it myself I could eat more! I feel quite confused and dissapointed Any advice would really be appreciated, I havent got a clue what to do!

Hi there
The only thing I can ask is are you making good food choices? What I mean is that if I eat cottage pie, corned beef hash, scrambled egg etc I can eat quite a lot because the food goes down easily. If I have a chicken breast and salad I can eat far less and I get the restriction feeling much quicker. Also I am assuming you follow the rules like no drinking etc
Other then that I can only say fill up with veggies and fruit so that you dont feel so hungry and drink loads between meals.
Last resort is contact your provider and take their advice
Hope all goes well
Jo XX

Hi Jo

Thanks for the advice, I think you are right, I have been eating a lot of softer foods :-( I was away last week and found it hard not drinking and eating. I will have to be stricter with myself. I have just spoken with the patient coordinator, she told me its normal to feel like this until the 2cnd fill and really gave me the same advice as you, so well done and thanks. I'm not entirely sure what 'restriction' should feel like? I have only just started to eat normal foods and there are a few things that feel stuck between my shoulder blades, but ive never had a full feeling! I guess I will have to be patient (pardon the pun! lol) until my band has the correct fill amount. Guess I will be on cruchy salads for a while lol :)

Hi there. It can take quite a few fills to get u to the point where u can only eat small amounts. I must of had about 6 fills now and am hoping this most recent one is the one but still on liquids so don't know yet. I also felt like I could eat silly amounts of food at first but this has improved gradually with each fill. I felt just the way u do but I discussed it with my providers and they put my mind at ease. Apparently at can take a year to build up to the point where u have enough restriction annd have learned enough for the real weight loss to take place. At that point u should then be sailing.

:
Hope this helps a bit. I know how u are feeling but we just need to be patient and learn how to work with our bands too. It will happen. X

Hi Leesh, thanks, the advice here helps so much and makes me realise all I am feeling is normal, I guess I just really want it to work. Hopefully, with each fill I will be like you and lose the weight. Well done, your doing great :)

Back