• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had 1st Fill and Hungry!

bikerlady

:(:( Hi everyone, I had my first fill (3ml) almost 2 weeks ago and to be honest, I feel more hungry now than I did when I was on liquids and mushy! I thought I would not be physically capable of eating much more than a side plate of food, but when I eat I dont feel any fullness or restriction and think if I didnt control it myself I could eat more! I feel quite confused and dissapointed :confused: Any advice would really be appreciated, I havent got a clue what to do!

What size do u have in ???

Just going to copy what I typed not long ago to someone else...it's pretty much a common theme

get on a diet plan that allows a decent amount of food and some treats now and then...even with good restriction we have to try to do our bit...there isn't a magic point where the band suddenly takes over and we can go on cruise control.

If you are on solids now, the first thing I suggest is that you check on Mazza's food thread (below my signature) to check the food you are choosing is the right sort of stuff that helps the band work better..... too many soft foods (meals with lots of sauces, cottage pie etc) will just go right down at the moment with no fill in there

If you find a plan that you enjoy whether it's calorie counting, weight watchers, slimming world or Atkins (or whatever suits) you will find you can feel satisfied on the smaller portions of the healthy stuff already.
It will be easier to stick to and as you get more fills you will find that getting satisfied on smaller portions and not getting hungry in between meals happens better as well.

You can explain your fears to your provider and they may give you a more generous fill next time...also note that if it's too much in you will end up getting by on sliders as proper dense food will get stuck...you don't want to be living on ice cream (trust me on that one)

Eat the band friendly healthy stuff and it will help...thats to everyone even without good restriction!

A band has stopped me stuffing myself with huge meals and has meant that when I choose the right foods , I don't get hungry (not hardly hungry at all on the Atkins)

However if you are resting all your hopes on the fill automatically stopping you from eating slider foods and picking at stuff all day you will run into trouble.

hi, sorry for delay, not been on here, thanks very much for the advice. I am trying to ea the right foods, I am very good at eating healthily, my problem has always been the volume of food I eat as oppose to what I eat. I dont snack in between meals, this is what I ate today, a fairly typical day,Coffee with semi skimmed milk, 1 hr later small bowl of fruit and fibre semi skimmed milk. later cup of tea. Lunch, salad of lettuce tomato cucumber onion, prawns and half avocado. I had drinks through the day and for evening meal, 2 egg omelette, tomato and cheese, cauli, brocolli and baby carrots, and now im having another drink. I am just scared I am eating too much. I spoke to provider and they told me its normal and the adjustments will eventually get me right, im scared I will stretch my pouch though, i never realised it would be such a worry lol xx

Back