• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Fill Questions

NT1977

Hi All,
It’s my first fill tomorrow – very excited and a bit nervous!
I have my guidelines for after but what are we supposed to do beforehand? No eating after midnight tonight I seem to remember? Can I drink?
I have emailed the clinic and hoping they come back to me but just wanted to check on here.
Also what did other people have added on their first fill? I am on 4ml in a 10ml band and have slight restriction.

Nx

each clinic is different I have no prefill instructions I always ate as normal befor hand . then soups and mushies the rest of that day. my first fill was only a 1ml to make sure everything was ok then I had a bigger fill on my second and third but iv heard on here of some clinics that do bigger first fills, after a fill you have a few days of fab restriction then it will settle down a bit

it will vary, I'm not allowed to eat or drink for a minimum of 3 hours before fill, then after 3 days liquid 3 days mush, be aware that after you may not feel any restriction, ive certainly never felt a "fab few days of restriction" after any fill and still have very minimal restriction after 5 fillsit may kick in when you resume normal foods post fill, but that it can ate a few fills to feel it.

Good luck with your fill Nina - let us know how you get on

Justine xx

Back