• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG WENT FOR FIRST FILL AND ...

loughpet

I already had 4ml in my 10ml BAND !!

They gave me another 1.5ml and now feel terrible !! I am starting to wonder if I have made a mistake having this surgery !! I was able to eat most things before my fill this week and now I feel crap and can eat very litte food except sweets and rubbish which I don't want to eat but have to cause sooo hungry. What am I doing wrong ?? What should I be able to eat normally ?

Help please ...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the band, but I thought that you had to eat soft food or fluids again when you have a fill? Hopefully someone who has had a band will be able to help you. Does the information leaflet they give you prior to the op tell you anything? It might be worth contacting your team if you continue to feel unwell.

Rebirth

Hi there

Do they ask you to drink water whilst having fill?

It might be that you need a little out.

There are really nutritious softer food you could have whilst waiting to sort this out like

mash and melted cheese, soup, slimfast etc

I already had 4ml in my 10ml BAND !!

this is quite common to have a fill put in during surgery as it can kick start weight loss.

They gave me another 1.5ml and now feel terrible !! I am starting to wonder if I have made a mistake having this surgery !!
your feeling this way because you havent yet ajusted to living with the restrictive feeling yet, this is something that has to be learned and it takes some banders longer than others to learn to cope with and accept the restriction rules.
I was able to eat most things before my fill this week and now I feel crap and can eat very litte food except sweets and rubbish which I don't want to eat but have to cause sooo hungry.
you will be able to eat normal foods but if your being sick or getting pains this may be due to not chewing correctly or eating too quickly as this all has to be re learnt when restriction feelings begin.
What am I doing wrong ?? What should I be able to eat normally ?

Help please ...

alot of banders revert back to the slider diet because they "dont like resrictive feelings" this is a main reason why some banders find it difficult to lose weight, if the slops is going through then the band isnt closed and its doing its job giving restriction with more solid food types, you have 2 options to either try and learn how to cope with solid foods and re learning the full feeling and knowing when to stop eating or going for a de fill, which defeats the object of having restriction, eating sweet sloopier foods will stop weight loss and can cause weight regain this also defeats the object of the band being there, i know its hard but its all a new way of re learning portion control and learning to listen to the pouch when fullnes is felt. It all takes time and most banders experience this difficulty at some point....good luck ...from Liz x

alot of banders revert back to the slider diet because they "dont like resrictive feelings" this is a main reason why some banders find it difficult to lose weight, if the slops is going through then the band isnt closed and its doing its job giving restriction with more solid food types, you have 2 options to either try and learn how to cope with solid foods and re learning the full feeling and knowing when to stop eating or going for a de fill, which defeats the object of having restriction, eating sweet sloopier foods will stop weight loss and can cause weight regain this also defeats the object of the band being there, i know its hard but its all a new way of re learning portion control and learning to listen to the pouch when fullnes is felt. It all takes time and most banders experience this difficulty at some point....good luck ...from Liz x
Liz - really appreciated your response to this.
I am due to have my first band fill on Wednesday and am looking forward to having more restriction. I am still losing weight but can eat most things. The past 4 weeks since having my band fitted have taught me that food shouldn't be such a focal point for me.

Liz - really appreciated your response to this.
I am due to have my first band fill on Wednesday and am looking forward to having more restriction. I am still losing weight but can eat most things. The past 4 weeks since having my band fitted have taught me that food shouldn't be such a focal point for me.

good for you trine, i hope you get what u desire from your fill, good luck chick, any probs just ask xxx

Back