• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First fill

Babynurse

Hi, just back from having my first fill with THG in Manchester. First of all I saw a dietician who weighed me - I've lost 5kgs according to their scales but I was fully dressed including jeans. Still a good loss though in 5 weeks so I'm happy. We talked about my food intake and the changes I need to make from week 5.

I then went to see the nurse Bernadette and she made me feel so at ease. I wasn't sure what to expect and she did warn me that the first fill is the worse, but it wasn't too bad. I already had 4mls in my 10ml band so she added another 1ml. After my visit, I went to the Trafford Centre just to have a look around and had a bowl of homemade mushroom soup for lunch. My husband had omelette and chips so I took the mushrooms out of my soup and gave them to him.

Got my next fill on 12th June and now looking forward to feeling some restriction.

donna44

We all dread the first infill, mine did not go as well as yours! Apparently I have a sensitive band and can only have 0.5mls put in at any one time, I have 4.5mls in my band now and have very good restriction, don't think I will need another one for a few months! congratulations on your weight loss x

top_kat

glad it went well, let's hope you feel a difference, 21 months and 15 fills later I'm still waiting lol