• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First fill!

lovelyzobo

Yay.....had my first fill!!! Had an empty band and he put 5mls in. Not sure if that's standard or not. It's strange though, as like when I had it done it doesn't feel any different.....all very odd!

So some soup for supper and hope and pray this starts a little bit of loss.....

Feels all so odd as I always felt an 'expert' in my bypass....but such a beginner and feel the band is such an unknown for me!

Onwards and downwards!

Zxx

Mine is a 10ml band to! Snaps! Trouble is I'm starving now! Haven't eaten all day as was on nights.....got up had a cuppa then drove to hospital! Sat here now starving!

Zx

glad you've had it. 5 mls is on the higher side for a 10ml band and it can take a good 2-3 weeks to feel any difference, but it can also take a good number of fills. At 22 fills I'm still waiting up find that difference!

Topkat.....how much do folk usually have on first fill?? I didn't 'ask' for anything he just said that was what he was going to do! Drank my water after with no problems, and drinking fine this morning.

So odd, that it takes a few weeks to 'feel' as you would presume it has the fluid in and that's job done! Does confuddled me even though I'm s nurse and get 'medical' stuff!

Any tips on fluids/mashy after a fill?! Had a yogurt last night after my soup.....but today I'm unsure where to go with my food?!!! Xxxx

Topkat.....how much do folk usually have on first fill?? I didn't 'ask' for anything he just said that was what he was going to do! Drank my water after with no problems, and drinking fine this morning.

So odd, that it takes a few weeks to 'feel' as you would presume it has the fluid in and that's job done! Does confuddled me even though I'm s nurse and get 'medical' stuff!

Any tips on fluids/mashy after a fill?! Had a yogurt last night after my soup.....but today I'm unsure where to go with my food?!!! Xxxx

It really does vary, by surgeon, by company, by how much pressure they feel on the band itself when they out fluid in, but a lot find they don't feel a difference until they are back on normal foods.

If you're on liquid only post fill then it should be consistency to pass through a straw then move to mash, drinking yoghurt, soup, juice, milk, milky coffee, sugar free crusha milkshakes all ok.

Also go with your provider guidelines, mine is 3 days liquid, 3 days mash after each fill...

Mash mash it down with a fork and you can have almost anything but go with your providers guidelines. Some advise avoiding pasta, breads etc, others don't.

Just when you start eating foods, take it easy, slow and chew :)

Back