• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does a fill take a while to 'kick in'?!

lovelyzobo

Just wondering, I had my fill 3 days ago (5mls in an empty 10ml band), but I haven't noticed anything different yet.....I'm being careful with what I eat as worried about things getting stuck etc......(see previous post about being bad bad bad and vomiting last night!).

But.....I haven't noticed any difference at all yet.....does that mean I just wait it out for my next fill, or is it something I will notice in a few days??

Xx

It can take a few fills to get your restriction right

My first fill did not do anything for me at all

I had my second a few weeks ago and feel fuller quicker but can still eat a full size dinner plate

I have a 14ml band with 8.5ml in

The nurse told me that most people with a 14 ml band find there restriction around 10ml

I am happy with this at the moment as I watch my friend with a band picking at tiny amounts and being sick if she eats half a dinner plate...she can't eat bread, meat, chicken....,,I would rather be able to eat a bit more and loss slower...I can also eat ANYTHING. Nothing causes me a problem so as mty dietitian said I probably do need more restriction

Thanks kurstywursty! So nice to hear advice from folk that are 'going' through it! I do ask questions and researched lots.....just obviously forgot to listen or read the important bits!

Zxx

Soooo.....even though I wasn't expecting 'the sweet spot' or proper 'ding' this is it moment.....will I 'feel' this 5 ml at all....as in do things eventually become harder to eat, smaller portions etc.....or is it didly squat until the 'eureka' moment?!

Zxx

Ha ha...I think we all have different experiences. Sometimes it depends on the type of food your eating. A salad and meat may leave you feeling fuller quicker compared to mince and potato. Slider foods and soups, ice cream puddings etc will go down easier and quicker than hard foods.

I had 3.5 ml in during surgery and couldn't feel it, I had a further 4 and couldn't feel it. Then I had just one more ml on my second fill and have not bad restriction. So that 1ml made a big difference. Where as the previous fill of 4 was useless

One of my forum friends had a few ml in on her first fill and had to go back and have some removed, then they put just a little in again and she feels restriction without discomfort.

Some people have had some fills and their last fill of half a ml has been too much and they have had .25ml removed. There is no hard and fast experience I'm afraid. You will just have to suck it and see babe ;-)

it can take a while and a higher number of fills, even though you can eat more than the portion guidelines be aware that if you continue to do so it can cause the pouch above the band to street which renders it pretty worthless, it also puts a pressure on the band and stomach which can lead to issues. I have had 22 fills and I still haven't found restriction with my band....patience....and regular fills but some people it can take 2 weeks or so after a fill to feel a difference

Actually I think the portion guidelines are pretty much all I can eat.....had half a jacket potato and about 3 slices of roast chicken for tea...(didn't eat all the potatoe-start at the skin and work into the middle!)....

Just thought I would feel a 'difference' after a fill, not restriction, as know that can take a while! Also verrrryyyyyy wary about stretching my pouch after my bypass...(even though it was my anastamosis and pseudo pouch not my normal pouch).

Zx

Back