• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Negative Comment

BlueDiamond

Howdy all

As most of you know I have been banded and been maintaining for a while .

Well I saw a friends sister recently and she said how well I looked and asked the usual questions, How much had I lost and what size clothes I am in etc and then she turned round to me and said but you cheated in your weight loss journey.

It did knock the wind out my sails a bit because her sis has has wls and I never heard her say anything negative so I was not expecting it - I turned round to her and said I beg your pardon, People get help to give up smoking, drugs, booze etc I bet you don't to turn round to them and tell them they cheated to better their life, least I did something about it - Well she didn't know where to put her face she went as red as a beetroot nor she knew how to answer me . 1 nil to me I think LoL :p

yeah deffo 1-0 to you, cheeky mare!!! like your answer, i'll use it :D xxx

Well Julie you get all sorts in life:rolleyes:. The majority of the population are ignorant about any form of wls. Frankly I haven't got the time or energy to educate them - and even if you try they think you are trying to justify your position which could make it worse.

Well done in answering her back. You know how hard it is and what you have achieved. You have changed your life and that is what counts - not anyone else's opinion.

tranquil x

I have a friend whose first response was "that's cheating". I think it because there is a spot of envy that I may get thinner than her. As soon as she said it I grinned inside and knew I had made the right decision!

Watch the fat fighters sketch on little Britain... That makes me smile - the leader (matt Lucas) accuses one member of cheating when she says she as a band and yanks it out through her mouth. It's a common misconception.

The way I understand it, having any WLS is bloody hard work and a last resort! But you'll know that better than me!

Good answer.. good for you :)

We are all working hard to do this weight loss. Who created the rules to say its cheating. Well done on your weight loss, maintaining, and standing your ground. :group hug: x

well done for giving it back hun... some people just dont have a clue xxx

to call us wls cheats is stupid as to have to go through surgery then 4 weeks of liquids then pureed till you can eat proper food again is the hardest thing I have ever done.In one sense you could say all those who lose weight via diets are cheating as at any time you can revert back to eating what you did before dieting, hence they put weight back on and can even get bigger for it.
But having surgery you are deffo restricted to what you can and can't eat.

Well dun ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I would say: "no, cheating is to do nothing about it." As you have said, WLS is a long hard journey and anyone who has been there, or witnessed someone who has been there, would never say it was cheating.

Good for you - put her in her place!

That's one of the reasons I don't want to tell people. When we go out with friend's its always my OH's mates and their wives who are total b*****s plus my in-laws would love something else to have a go at me about behind my back! I don't want anything to take away from what an achievement it will be to lose nearly 9 stone plus any explanation I give will just look like I'm being defensive x

I have to be REALLY honest here and I ''used'' to also think that WLS was a cheat, it was making it all so much easier - obviously this is just an ignorant point of view (as was mine) only now so much further on d I realise the sacrifices that have to be made - eg a pint of fresh cold tap water glugged down and re-filled as quickly (I watched my friend with her band & then realised how difficult it was). Its just a shame they have no idea - but its their problem hun now, not yours :) :) xxx

I was the opposite - I always thought it was too drastic and someday, one of the diets I was trying would work. lol.

Well done u xxxx

Well I saw a friends sister recently and ........ and then she turned round to me and said but you cheated in your weight loss journey.

My reaction would have been:

"What? Have you been watching everything I post online and you read somewhere that I have been puree'ing blocks of chocolate on the sly, and having secret mini binges of KFC and crunchies or something?"

"i now have to follow a very restricted intake for the rest of my life and I haven't cheated on that"

I always thought that cheating meant somebody got hurt Hence cheating on a diet hurts the person dieting. As this is not the case in WLS and it is not a sport how can It be a cheat. Hey if I can lose the weight after all these years of obesity then roll on cheating I say.

Good for you girl. In my opinion, cheating has always been eating something really bad for you and being weak. We can't do that anymore! We're doing something good for ourselves and they'll see that we are very strong and this surgery is not for wimps! Trust me, if I was cheating, I wouldn't be able to make it through this preop diet!

Back