• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first post

bigfella1

Hello from bigfella1 first post from swansea bariatric assessment date 22 july in swansea very excited!!!!!

Welcome bigfella! You will find lots of great advice and friendly people here! I am pretty new myself and dont know what I did before this!!

Hey bigfella! :) Welcome to the forum!

H x

Hello & welcome,

Congrats on your assesment date, Have you been on this journey long? You have found a very good site so hang tight and other members will be along to say hi & welcome, There is a wealth of knowledge & 1st hand experiance to grab here xx hope your well & take care xxxx

Yes it seem I've been on this journey since I was about twelve yes date for a bariatric assessment on 22cnd July then to see a consultant 2 weeks later ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

big fat mama said:
Welcome bigfella! You will find lots of great advice and friendly people here! I am pretty new myself and dont know what I did before this!!

I can believe it definitely good to hear likeminded friendly people!

Yes it seem I've been on this journey since I was about twelve yes date for a bariatric assessment on 22cnd July then to see a consultant 2 weeks later ?

That sounds promising, thats very quick going, your very lucky, if you stick around you'l see some of our members have really been dragged through the mill with regards to appointments and delays x I'm glad its going good for you, its nice to hear when it works out for people x have you chosen your surgery? or are you open to what your surgeon can offer you xx

Welcome xx

Hello and welcome :)

hello and welcome from me as well read some of the old posts (takes a while )lolyou will get loads of info and tips from other people
good luck on your journey

hi bigfella1,nice to meet you ,hope your journey is a short and rewarding one !,good luck x

sicknote said:
That sounds promising, thats very quick going, your very lucky, if you stick around you'l see some of our members have really been dragged through the mill with regards to appointments and delays x I'm glad its going good for you, its nice to hear when it works out for people x have you chosen your surgery? or are you open to what your surgeon can offer you xx

Entirely open. To what's on offer given my size I can't see me being offered a band but whatever just want to move forward lol.

its an amazing feeling,all these people who understand , starting the journey,taking control ,and sharing it with others ,the ups and downs ,until the day you get your surgery and afterwards ,the support people on here give,and tips and advice,is priceless ,you have def found the right place,whatever surgery you have x,i know im glad i found it x

Yes that's a big question I had to ask being 490 pounds 5 foot 10 inches , I applied November 2010 with my doctor .Febuary had a request for details from the hospital then had the appointments through the post approx two weeks ago is this too quick???

Back