• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First surgiversary!!

Ines4C

I can't quite believe it, but two day a year ago I went into hospital to have my GastricBypass surgery. I can remember the day so clearly. Sometimes I stand back in all and am just amazed at where I am now as opposed to where I was last year. My life is so much more fulfilled, and I have a love of exercise now, in particular running. In fact, on Sunday, the day that last year I came out of hospital, I will be running the Bristol 10 K with about 12,000 other runners. If you had told me a year ago I would be running now, I would have laughed. I just can't believe how far I've come. I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to get the surgery on the NHS. Yes, it's a long process, but it has been so worth it. All the ups and downs have been worth it. Wait loss is really slow now, but my body shape is still changing because of the amount of exercise I am doing. If anyone is thinking of having the surgery done, I'd say go for it, because it is worth it. All you have to remember is you have to want to do it for yourself and your whole heart needs to be in it. Only then will you appreciate the opportunity, and take the hard stuff with the good. I will post pictures on here on Sunday after the race. There will be pics with me wearing my medal. I'm sorry I've not been here for a while, it's just I have such a busy life now. Oh and also: I am getting married on 12 July this year. I have a gorgeous dress, which I would have never fit in last year. Happy surgiversary to me! ????????????????

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

how simply amazing is this :) well done on your running, I'm so pleased you managed to get started on it and that you've come so far and huge congrats on the wedding too :) so pleased for you :)

Happy Surgiversary xx

Fantastic, well done you xx

Back