• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first surgiversary!

shelleymarie

I missed it on the forum because I moved and didn't have proper internet access for a couple of months but It was the 31st of May, one year since my bypass. In just over a year I've lost 13st 3lb. Just over half my body weight. Taking 24 inches off my waist alone. I've gone from not being able to walk, having high blood pressure, reflux and snoring my head off to being able to run, perfect blood pressure, no reflux or snoring. I was a size 36 and I'm now a size 16 and can shop in pretty much any shop. It's not easy, I still suffer with depression even though I thought It would go when I lost weight and I still concentrate hard on what I eat every day or I don't lose weight. The skin problem is very bad for me and my pouch is on the small side so sometimes food just doesn't stay down but I've decided against a stretch for now as I've still got some weight to go and I can cope with it. Despite the downsides I would do all over again tomorrow. Anyone in the process, if you work hard enough it is worth it.

The first photos show me at the beginning. The second lot is me at 14 stone on holiday a couple of months ago and the last photos is me today at 12 stone 12lb wearing size 16's (actually the black trousers are a size 12 but that is because they are stretchy!) those photos are really bad and I haven't done my hair but wanted to post an up to date one.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Thanks for all the support the last year. This place is a huge part in so many of our success so far :)

Amazing transformation x

:wow:Stunning weight loss:faint2:

You've done amazingly well & look so much different :)
xxx

Wow Shelley you've been through an amazing transformation. You should be so proud of yourself. You and the other friends I've made on here are my inspiration and keep me going. Well done you xxx

Fantastic, well done x

Fantastic progress Shelley well done.

WELL DONE !! right now I only dream of that success, but my journey only just started and I hope things wont take forever =0)

Hi Shelley, what an incredible wait loss! You look so different, and the changes it has made in you life is fantastic. For all the pre-oppers it inspires us to keep going. Thanks for sharing.

Well done on the fantastic weight loss hun you look decades younger! .. Brilliant work :) x

Thanks so much everyone. I'm so happy to hear that I can inspire people. In the early days posts like these kept me going. I'd always be happy to answer questions of people on their way to do the same. The good and the bad.

Thanks so much Yve and Paula, your support this last year has been invaluable and it proof that sharing your journey through this forum or other wise is vital.

Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see what the next year brings :) x

Well done, looking fab, x x x one month today I hit my first year out

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

Congratulations you look awesome. I'm not even a week out yet but these are very inspirational.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You look fabulous and so pretty. Well done. Be proud of yourself :)

Wow what a change in you! You look incredible and so much younger!! I've only just had my operation so have a long way to go but will be inspired by your results!

You really are an inspiration. I am about to embark on my trip to the weight loss world and seeing what you can and have acheived just fills me with excitement. You look brilliant x

Back