• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fish

teen

post op loser
Hi all

Any post op bypassers that have probs eating fish. I had mackeral and was sick I have tried Tuna and been sick Had a lovely piece of fresh fish last week and was sick. Had fish again tonight and Im gonna have to make myself sick. Not bothering with it again

The only meat I seem to be about to eat is lamb

sorry teen, but ive all different types of fish (even chippy fish) and been fine..perhaps you need to leave it a couple of weeks and then try again...good luck x

Hi not post op or bypasser but thats terrible Tina! would of thought that fish would be nice and easy to digest, plus its so good for you!

Doesnt give you much variety does it, hope your able to manage more things soon!

Maz

Hi Tina, I know this doesn't help much but I've managed cod in butter sauce, griddle seabass, grilled cod, haddock and tuna and been fine.

People have mentioned their tastes changing after surgery, maybe u just don't like fish anymore!! lol

hi teen sorry to hear that you are haveing problems,i had my bypass on 19th jan and am going through similar problems it really is trial and error on a daily basis.one day is fine and another its not.but you are not alone a lot of people have problems with protien rich solids like meat,fish etc.anything that takes a lot of digesting the golden rule is no matter how slow you think you are eating its probaly too fast and try eating with a tea spoon to give you an idea of amounts,even then you might still have problems but i find it helps a little.

Hi Teen I loved a grilled trout before surgery, it goes down ok but within mins it wants to come back up. Have tried it twice now and wont be eating it again... I can have a trout fillet and that is fine so I think maybe its something to do with the oil. I can also eat salmon, tuna and cod without any problems....keep trying it but maybe leave a few weeks in between as once you have been sick on something it takes your head a long time to adjust...I am the same with eggs in any shape or form and just the thought of them now makes me heave...hang on in there....your lucky with the lamb though I love lamb but can only manage it in a broth....xx

Its strange I am fine with a salmon fillet or salmon fish fingers I did keep down a fish in butter sauce boil in the bag type, managed half od it. Will give it a miss for a couple of weeks then try again

thanx all

hi teen sorry to hear that you are haveing problems,i had my bypass on 19th jan and am going through similar problems it really is trial and error on a daily basis.one day is fine and another its not.but you are not alone a lot of people have problems with protien rich solids like meat,fish etc.anything that takes a lot of digesting the golden rule is no matter how slow you think you are eating its probaly too fast and try eating with a tea spoon to give you an idea of amounts,even then you might still have problems but i find it helps a little.

Lol i eat everything with a baby spoon for got how to use a knife and folk :rolleyes:

Hey Tina,maybe if you can find a sheep thats been raised on fish...you'd be sorted!!!!!!!

I've been ok so far with haddock, salmon, fishfingers and tinned roe. However my stomach did not like fresh roe! It's put me right off and I used to love fresh roe & chips :(

whats roe? I'm from Preston, to me roe means not cooked x x x lol

LOL hi Lisa, its cod fish eggs, its lush, well I think so, my hubbie whos from Blackpool says he would rather eat his own eye balls than it! lol

fella after my own heart x x x

hi teen i really did not mean to be patronising in any way i just wanted you to know that you are not alone in having troubles,there are very few of us bypassers who have on probs at all the ones that dont are very lucky me thinks

I didnt read it as patronising Eggbat :D I call my teaspoon my baby spoon lol

LOL hi Lisa, its cod fish eggs, its lush, well I think so, my hubbie whos from Blackpool says he would rather eat his own eye balls than it! lol

My mum loves roe has it on toast It looks minging and reminds me of a bowl of scraps lol

Lol ooooo its lush lol

Back