• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The worst "Dump"

belbouteloup

Hi folks, what have been the worst foods you have eaten to make you dump ? Mine was taramasalata a few weeks ago in a restaurant with my hubby, i had 2 small spoonfuls on pitta bread OMG , i nearly slid under the table, then had to lie in the car with all the windows open, the other was fresh grilled mackeral, Bypassers DONT GO THERE ! horrific and i only had a matchbox size, i just forget what an oily fish it was, then spent 2 hours with my head down the loo xxxxxxxxxxx love to hear your stories xx

Great thread.

I think different people dump on different things. It's really trial and error.

Bring on what made the dumpers dump, in what quantity and how long for?

Think I have been lucky up to yet not dumped yet, have been sick a couple of time due to eating to quick and had to make myself sick but not had the head spin and heart racing bit

sugar is my big dump factor, and refined carbs (as they are broken down into sugars). So white bread makes me giddy, and chocolate. Can tolerate 3 chunks of cadburys before I go off on one :)

A bad dump lasts me a couple of hours, a gentle one only 45 minutes or so.

Touch wood 21 weeks on and i havent dumped but saying that i have been very carful about my fat and sugar content because i cant afford even the slightest of dumps due to always having one of two severly disabled children with me who cant be left unsupervised. Its been my biggest fear and realise that for some it can be familar foods that suddenly does it so i live each day with my fingers crossed.
hc

Not dumped yet and its 3 months tomorrow since my bypasss, have regurgitated but thats not the same thing. i am very careful about what i eat normally.... will tell you how i survive an order of KFC thats arriving in a little while

I have only ever dumped once, and that was with a milkshake. Used low fat ice cream and semi skimmed milk.
The problem was that the low fat ice cream, was NOT low sugar. Have stayed away from it ever since, but can have weight watchers ice cream as it's low in sugar.

I find i can have quite a bit of fat and sugar in a serving (When i treat myself) and don't dump, so i wonder if with time, the dumping becomes less?
Although, it's been said before, some dump, some don't. Maybe i'm one of the lucky ones that don't as i seem to be able to eat anything now.

I've found my capacity for sugar has increased over time, certainly. However, I get occasional hiccups where I go through stages of dumping on pretty much anything! I had a virus just before christmas and that hit my pouch hardest, I ended up on liquids for 4-5 days and dumped very very easily.

With me very early on I had it with Cream of Tomato Soup. It was less than a week since the surgery. My Lord, I thought I was going to die. Symptoms on that occasion were within 10 minutes and included sweats, palpitations, dizzy and nausea. Beyond that I've had one or two episodes, which have been quite a long time after. Because what I'd had had obviously gone quite far down my digestive system, these 'dumps' presented as very bad stomach cramps, sweating, prolonged and unplesant trips to the loo. From memory, I think these were after eating takeaways which I believe were too high in fat.

Back