• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 WEEKS POST OP and first time of being sick

petshell

Well, I got a little too cocky I think! I am suppsoed to be on puree food and thought i would have fish pie today with flaked fish.
I thought that I would be ok x
OMG I thought I was going to have a heart attack and my throat felt as if it was gonna close. The fish was not as soft and flaked as i thought and obviously got stuck.

I was sick and even since then I feel full or as it there is something there. I can hold fluids down so I know that I am OK X

How silly am I?
So back to just to puree now and wonder if anyone has any ideas! I have been rating cauliflower cheese, cheesy mash, puree veg with cheese.......
Wonder if there is anything else a little different.

Anyhow, apart from the sickness today I was doing really well. Lost 12lb since op -not lost anything this week though!
REGARDS
Shells

Sorry to hear you have been sick. I think moving from puree towards solids is the hardest stage of all to get right. It does sounds like your body just wasnt ready to tolerate the fish without it being pureed.

Its unlikely anything is stuck if you vomited, but not impossible so just take it easy today. If you find you cannot keep liquids down then contact your team as you can quickly get dehydrated.

Hope you feel better soon x

I doubt anything is stuck, more likely that you've strained your pouche a little bit with being sick.

At the soft stage I ate things like re-fried beans with cheese & guacomole (sp), lots of cottage cheese with prawns mixed in and made tiny shepherds pies with cauliflower cheese mash on top without potatoe.

Well done for the weightloss and hope you get it sorted soon.

I suppose it will be trial and error.

Back