• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fizzy drinks are a NO NO! but why?

gingernutter

Leading on from Carols remarks.

I use to love fizzy drink but now I am not allowed. What can you suggest as a lovely replacement.

P.S why aren't by-passer allowed fizzy? It has slipped my memory bank!

P.S why aren't by-passer allowed fizzy? It has slipped my memory bank!
Put a balloon over the top of a full bottle of fizzy pop and you will soon see! (If you like Mythbusters on the telly, think of their experiment making bombs and rockets out of with a bottle of pop and a soluble mint and you will get my drift!!!

Your poor little pouch couldn't stand the strain!

love

TillyBob

Have you tried making your own iced tea with lemon and chilling it in the fridge. I find that quite refreshing and you can add splenda or something. I'm quite lucky because I've never been a big fizzy drinks fan and have always drunk loads of water so I'm not really missing any drinks whilst on the pre op. Also, there are so many different tea fusions out there that you can try chilled, hopefully you will find one you like. Cherry and vanilla is good, and I dont even use a sweetener in that.

Except.........I haven't had a cup of tea for 2 weeks as for me a cup of tea = two large sugars. little milk and VERY strong. I cannot bear the thought of swapping the sugar for sweetener lol so have gone without. Will use sweeteners in coffee though.

I've been looking this up and I don't no how true it is but I've read. Fizzy drink can stretch the pouch and soft drinks may also cause weight gain by reducing the absorption of dietary calcium.

Any carbonated drink (including water) is a no no for bypassers - as Boblatina says - it stretches the pouch and if the pouch stretches, you are in all sorts of trouble regarding eating more etc! I was also advised that even letting the drink go flat was not a good idea. How about blowing bubbles into a still drink with a straw LOL! No added sugar squashes are ok and Swizzlestick's recipe for iced tea sounds lovely! Dont know about you lot but Im on the hot drinks now - its too cold for anything else!

I've been looking this up and I don't no how true it is but I've read. Fizzy drink can stretch the pouch and soft drinks may also cause weight gain by reducing the absorption of dietary calcium.

Spot on Pinky !

Also the aspartamine or whatever sugar replacement they put in sets your body up for a sugar hit which it doesn't actually get, its thought that this isn't good for weight loss.

You can however drink fizzy, it wont kill you but it will give give you gas and you'll feel rather bloated if you drink to much - not a comfortable feeling !

Carbonated water is just fizzy drink without the flavouring ie soda water which is what I drink when I am out for a meal or such
Fizzy drinks will distend the pouch and could cause damage to the staple line.................and we dont want that...........oh no lol
Good luck with finding a substitue. Do you like shakes if so that would be a flavoured alternative and a a boost to your protein intake especially as you could add your protein powder or dried marvel for an extra protein shot, which I know you need lol
Hope you find something

Jay xx

Whatever you do, don't just leave fizzy drinks to go flat. There is still a lot of carbondioxide in suspension which will re-activate with the warmth of your stomach! Mxx

Thanks for all the great idea's! the iced tea sounds lovely.

Fairy ring! shakes............! yuk! but thanks for the protien idea's.

zetacatty DAMN, thought i could get away with that !!

Back