• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flip flap doodle

Rising_Sun

Chugging along
5 weeks later and I'm no further forward with my referral for wls. If anything I'm right back where I started.

Some of you may remember that a week after seeing my GP I got a letter from Salford Royal asking me to make an appointment with the obesity service. I did that and was all set to be seen mid November. However 2 days after receiving a letter confirming that I got another cancelling the appointment because of "funding from GP". After many calls back and forth, I was told that the 1st thing to do is apply for funding. I went back to my GP. Gave them a week before following up, it still was not done. Checked process with helpful woman at PCT and 2 weeks later, no funding request for me. On Monday checked again and told by PCT woman (another) that the correct procedure was in fact for me to be seen at hospital first. Had no idea why hospital would refuse to see me before funding was in place. She was going to follow up with hospital and call me back next day. Still no call. There seems to be a lot of confusion about the process. The hospital believe it to be one thing and the pct another.

Just spoken to GP surgery only to be told no funding request will be made just now because they ae right in their understanding of the process. I have now been re-reffered to the same hospital and will shortly receive a letter offering the same appoinment I could have had 2 weeks ago. Was told that I'm not the only one affected. That doesn't make me feel better.

And there I was, being good and trying to be patient and ticking off the weeks.

xxx

It is a nightmare to get through the red tape, whilst mine was quick over all the process had to be pushed along every single step of the way....it is very confusing and I was lucky enough to get two lucky breaks otherwise I would still be sat waiting...I would encourage the hospital appointment as it starts gathering the evidence and they can write for funding if need be....keep strong though its not an easy battle but it is one that can be won...xx

il be honest i had it easy rang gp got refered then got app thru my hosp wont give you app till funding is agreed but i had to make no calls or chase anything good luck with it all

sorry you are still waiting for answers. keep fighting and don't give up hun xx

Back