• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help - Advise if you can please

slimmerkay

I saw my dietician last Thursday and he said he was sending my referral off for WLS. I was upset that day and didn't ask enough questions. I've just been to my GP who has a copy of the referral.

The dietician has referred me to Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle. I live in Padiham, near Burnley, East Lancashire.

My GP said he didn't know what to do with the referral, and anyway he was told all NHS funding in our PCT had been stopped!

OMG! I don't know what to do now. He is going to look into the referral and what they (the GPs) should do with it and get the secretary to ring me back. But how can I find out about the funding? Can I ring my PCT? I don't even know who my PCT would be in this case - Burnley and Pendle PCT? Or Greater Manchester?

Please help if you can. I'm in tears here :cry:

Ok I've taken deep breaths and had a cup of tea and calmed down.

The secretary phoned me and answered some of my questions above. Burnley and Pendle PCT provide funding in my case. They are still awarding funding for WLS but it can take up to 18 months to get it :(

The dietician sent the hospital section of his referral twice to the GP instead of sending what the GP has to fill in. So that is being requested now.

These mix-ups always happen to me. Files go missing, referrals don't get passed on. That is why I'm so neurotic about chasing things up.

Back