• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Set Back

Chuffy_29

Morning All
Yesterday afternoon my GP called back as i had left a message to se if she had sent off the funding request. Apart from her thinking i was asking if i had been referred, she said we needed to fill in a form from the PCT to request the funding. I already knew this and thought she was just going to use my records to complete it but she says i need to go in so we can talk it through..also fine. However i have re-read my PCT guidelines and i need ot have followed a weight loss programme for the immediate 12 months before the funding request, which i haven't done since May and it's taken me that long to get up the courage to go to my GP. Therefore i don't qualify to apply for funding..pretty much game over i think. Just feel a bit annoyed with myself, i've spent 25 years on and off trying everything and now i have made a life changing decision...it's not going to happen. Boooo

Morning All
Yesterday afternoon my GP called back as i had left a message to se if she had sent off the funding request. Apart from her thinking i was asking if i had been referred, she said we needed to fill in a form from the PCT to request the funding. I already knew this and thought she was just going to use my records to complete it but she says i need to go in so we can talk it through..also fine. However i have re-read my PCT guidelines and i need ot have followed a weight loss programme for the immediate 12 months before the funding request, which i haven't done since May and it's taken me that long to get up the courage to go to my GP. Therefore i don't qualify to apply for funding..pretty much game over i think. Just feel a bit annoyed with myself, i've spent 25 years on and off trying everything and now i have made a life changing decision...it's not going to happen. Boooo

to the bits in red......WHY? at this present time you as you've said don't meet the criteria....next thing is for you to get on the road to meeting these....see the GP and start the 12 month weightloss programme, jump through the hoops they want you to, don't let a setback stop you from reaching your goals x ;)

I agree with Mark. Don't give up at the first hurdle honey!

Ok you haven't done it since May how long befpre that had you followed a weight loss programme? Get into to your GP and tell them all that you have done, which diets you've followed, for how long and why they didn't work and make sure they add up to more than a years worth which I'm sure they do. If they stick to the formal weight loss programme then as Mark says its got to be done the money is even scarcer now and the hoops will get longer but it is all still doable just tsakes time.

Good luck but don't give up

M

Thanks everyone. You're all right..of course. I have thought i'll just go in and tell her everything i've done...tbh it's all in my GP notes as i have done most things through them. Also I have some concerns that if i don't get funding now it won't happen as i know a number of PCTs are changing their criteria and mine is one of the few who abides by the NICE guidlines so i wouldn't be surprised if they upped the number anyway. GP is away for a week so i'l re-group and see where i am then. There is an exceptional comments area so i could maybe get her to write something in there. I'm a great loser, but a rubbish maintainer! Feeling better after a bit of thinking though :D

I agree with the others, don't give up. You've had some great advice already, but use the week you have before your GP returns to think about what YOU would like your GP to write in the "Exceptional Comments area". The more reasons you can give why you MUST have the op will be to your advantage.

Good luck. xx

Hi L, dont give up hunni, im like you a great loser but cannot maintain the weightloss! Write everything you have done and make a case, as you say most was done thru the GP anyway, maybe try PALS too.

What's PALS?
I will also consider going private, i have looked at Cosmetic Bliss and am waiting for EmmaLouise (i think) to have her op and come back and report. All is not lost and it's so nice to have everyone behind me. Especially as i've not told my parents yet (too scared), you wouldn't think i was a grown woman with three kids!

As people have said dont let this setback stop you from acheiving your goals it may take a little longer to get there but stay focused.

Thanks for that i'll take a look. I think i may have to go private so i'm looking at self funding but i'm not giving up hope just yet.

You should be the same pct as me right?

I didn't have to complete any weight management course... compared to most people mine was a complete walk in the park. I hope that you have end up having the same journey. xxxx

Back