• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cant stop crying :(

heva

i am devastated! i rang the heartlands hospital this afternoon to find out whats happening with my funding i was told that it had been refused im in such a state i dont kknow what to do i dont know who to talk to or what route to take now i was told to ring my pct which i did only to be told by some snotty woman.(she was extremely rude) that there is no funding at all for obesity surgery in my area and that i should never have been referred in the first place (this is my 3rd referral to a 3rd hospital) so obviously my gp thinks this needs to be done the first 2 appontments i had were both cancelled 1 when i arrived at the hospital for my appointment and the second a week before my appointment i saw mr super on the 14th of june who said that i was an excellent candidate for wls as im only 31 but my bmi is over 55 and that funding should not be a problem. im so gutted and upset i tried to get an appointment with my gp but cant get one til 10th august!!!! which is disgusting. i dont know what i have to do now ppl have told me to appeal but i dont know what route to take etc sorry for the long post but any advice would be much appreciated i suffer quite bad with depression and i really hope this doesnt put me bk in to a hole that i have struggled to get out of so many times :( x

moving to another area is not really an option as i have a 13 year old son who is autistic and moving his school would be horrendous for him as he has been there since he was 3 xx ty for ur advice tho x

Im really sorry they turned you down for funding Heva. Im not sure I can offer any advice what to do next but I contacted PALS when I had a problem with my hospital and they were brilliant, so maybe thats an option. I do hope you can get something sorted out and please try and stay positive even though it might seem there is nothing to be positive about. (HUGS) X

Heva

That's just awful - they keep raising your hopes and the pulling the rug from under you!

I'll do a little research and post back, because with your mental illness as well...it's just wrong to play around with you.

Poppy x - Keep your head up and don't let this drag you down.

sorry to hear your news Heva. I think the best thing would be to contact your PCT, ask for their decision in writing with a copy of their appeals process.

Ah Heva i feel so sorry for you!

I would do as others say and contact your PALS and also get them to find out the pct's criteria for funding wls. I've never heard of a pct that completely doesn't fund it...

Appealing may be the way to go, seems like your gp thinks you need it and also your consultant is supportive...

Good luck xx

I would go to your GP and ask him/her to help you as well, explaining (I expect you already have) that it's vital for you to get this surgery, not only for yourself but also so that you are around as long as possible to support your son. Don't give up sweetie xxx

Heva this must feel so unfair..because it is!
I agree with all the excellent advice you've had so far........other ideas I could suggest would be to write a personal letter to your pct along with hopefully a letter from your GP.

and although I totally get how you're so upset......hang in in there and keep fighting.

May be you could even contact your MP?
because actually I think this post-code lottery of how funding is allocated, when obesity is a nationally recognised issue..........
.........needs to be looked at from a national perspective. There are NICE guide-lines about this which it sounds like your pct is completely ignoring. (grrrrrrrrr makes me SO mad!)

and on a personal note:

sending a very big virtual hug your way.
Charis xxxx

So sorry to hear this. Please go back to your gp and ask them to appeal the decision. You can appeal again if it gets refused and you can even sit before the chair of the panel and do a face to face appeal. I obviously can't guarantee they will then say yes because I don't know but I know exactly what you are going through. It took me 13 months to get funding and was turned down twice and the third time my gp sent in medical info about my recent health issues and luckily it was passed, but I cried loads every time it was turned down. Fingers crossed for you and we are all here to give the support you need through this difficult time.

i have contacted PALS but the person i need to speak to is on holiday :( i rang the snotty woman at the pct and she told me that an appeal wouldnt go thru because there is no funding whatsoever in the whole of shropshire and that wls is not a main priority for them!!! yet i fit in with the NICE guidelines i asked her to send me a copy of the refusal and their policy which she then said she couldnt do but then asked who had asked me to ask for it n i said the local mp she was soon quick enough to ask for my address so she can send it sorry for my language but stupid snotty b****. i have contacted my doctor but guess what hes on holiday aswell and so no appointment with him til august 10th! i rang mr supers secretary as when i attended my appointment bk in june he said that if funding was denied he would look in to it further but again mr super is on holiday!! i feel like im in limbo at the mo n dont know which way to turn. i wrote a letter last year to my mp after i was messed around with 2 appointments that both were cancelled n he said at that time he would look in to it but as my appointment came thru at heartlands i thought i did not need him to continue with this. i have written another letter to him today so fingers crossed he will do something. sorry again for the long post. but thankyou to everyone for ur advice and best wishes its nice to know there are ppl on here that have maybe been thru the sae sort of thing and that will kindly offer advise .. thankyou all so much xxx

Sorry to hear your news. But I was refused the first time, my Dr wrote a very good report, so from the beginning this has to be strong. Don't listen to the snotty cow that answers the phone as basically that is all she does!! I hate it when people look down their nose at you. Make your appt with the Dr for 10th Aug, ensure that you take along a letter to go with your report about your med and family history, I even put in mine my knees were grinding, sores under my belly, that type of thing. Be positive and it will happen.
After I had my op a nurse asked me if I had tried to lose weight, if I could have got out of bed I would have punched her lights out!!! If the surgeon thinks you are a good case then see if you can see him to, if not send if the heavies!!!!
Nicky

Back