• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fluids

Raynebubble

fluids:

i struggle but have been told as long as i have 1000ml im ok.
at the moment as not at work yet.. i have....

between breakfast and lunch
200ml tea
100ml nas cranberry juice with 100 ml water

between lunch and dinner
200ml tea or another cranberry and water

after dinner
200 ml tea
200ml cranberry and water

howd you get your fluids??

You should see my tea mug. My kids call it my vase! I have several of those a day, it holds at least twice of what a so called normal mug holds.I really think two of those is a litre. It's massive.

I have some diluted diet grapefruit drink which I sip too. No idea if I'm getting enough. Without wishing to be too graphic, is your wee dark yellow? Mine is, but I was told it's the fat dispersing, not a sign of me being dehydrated.

my week is ok at the minute... but i was admitted back to hospital last week for 2 days as i had a nasty water infection...never felt so ill in my life. i was only drinking about 250ml of liquid a day so it was my own fault. but now im sticking to the 1000ml (1ltr) or more if i can xx
Happy Christmas lovely xx

hi rayne
are you drinking clear soups as well as fluids, im having a tin of soup over the day as well as water, juice, and milk, im finding the fluids are going down really easily and am a bit worried im drinking too much. also half a tin of soup never takes me 30 mins to eat. ive read its because fluids go through you quicker. hope you can consume more soon
kim

soup, milk etc all count towards fluids too. i manage a few cuppas a day and juice. it may help to fill an old bottle so you can keep a check on what you drink. x

hi rayne
are you drinking clear soups as well as fluids, im having a tin of soup over the day as well as water, juice, and milk, im finding the fluids are going down really easily and am a bit worried im drinking too much. also half a tin of soup never takes me 30 mins to eat. ive read its because fluids go through you quicker. hope you can consume more soon
kim

hiya, im on pureed at the moment... so i am having half a tn of veg or chicken soup at lunch, then dinner time, either shepherd pie or fish, mash and veg all pureed.. so im eating... i didnt think milk counted as fuids as its a food.. i do have a hot choc at night.. do you have your clear soup in between your meals..ie as a drink?

try not to worry so much hun, (easier said than done i know) I used to make up half a litre of squash and keep it with me in my handbag so i always had some. milk can be both, it is liquid but full of good stuff for you too. as long as you leave half hour between eating and drinking you will be fine. It takes a while to retrain yourself to sip sip sip....but it will become second nature. Thinking back I found it really hard at first to make sure i was getting enough but i wrote down everything i had and it is surprising how much you take in without realising it. just listen to your tum, you will soon be flying and managing ok. Clear soup can be had during the day as a drink too. if you go to the post op diets area on here it may help to read one of the threads. It helped me, basically a food diary of lots of wls patients listing what they eat and drink at different stages. x

I don't drink enough still. I was going days without a drink a few weeks ago. Now I have a sports bottle that holds 800mls but I rarely manage to finish one a day. I have almost completely cut out the coffee to try and get more fluids into me, but nope, constantly full and struggle to drink.

Back