• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thought I'd share with you all :)

cathykats

As some of you know I'm due to have my Gastric sleeve done this Tuesday 29th Nov so thought I'd share with you my meal plan for stage 1-fluid phase (first 1-2 weeks)

Breakfast- Fruit smoothie (200ml)

Mid morning-Fruit juice (200ml)

Lunch- Complan or Bulid up or glass semi-skimmed milk powder (200ml)

Mid Afternoon- Slimfast (200ml)

Dinner-Fortified soup (200ml)

Supper- Bulid-up or Complan (200ml)
(plus tea/coffee/sugar-free squash etc in between)
:eatdrink051:

hi, im due for my sleeve the 12 dec, whats the pre op diet been like i start mine tomorrow. Is it really hard or is it ok, im doing the soup and yoghurt one, that means no chewing for ages!!

Hiya I'm also doing the yogurt & soup diet it's not to bad but when you have to cook for others it's hard for you not to pick! the diet I posted is for post op so no chewing for even longer lol but it will be so worth it in the end.
you should try the weight watchers hearty veg soup it really feels me up :) Good luck with your pre op diet & op :) xx

So I'm 2weeks post op tomorrow so thought I'd share my meal plan for the next 2weeks.

Breakfast- Virtually fat free yogurt/fromage frais OR Soggy weetabix or Ready brek (runny) OR Homemade fruit smoothie (made with yogurt)

Mid Morning- Blended tinned fruit (unsweetened) OR Fat free yogurt/fromage frais OR sugar-free Angel delight/custard.

Lunch- Thick, Smooth soup (add skimmed milk powder if it doesn't contain meat,fish, chicken or lentils) OR Blended baked beans & Mash potato OR Blended fish in sauce with mash potato OR Liquidized meat/chicken/fish stew with liquidized vegetables & mash OR Liquidized pasta with cheese & vegetable sauce.

Mid afternoon - As mid morning

Dinner - As lunch

I still have to avoid lumps at this stage & the texture I'm aiming for is a yogurt consistency.
I'm supposed to have 4-6 meals a day 1-2 tablespoon every couple of hours
I'm not to drink with the meals I must wait 30mins between eating & drinking.

I still need to fit in 1.5-2ltrs of drinks in a day too!

Oh it's so hard fitting in so many meals and all the fluid. I remember the feeling of constantly shoving something down my throat!

Your second stage plans look ideal.

How's your losses so far?

heya I've lost 12 kgs so far that's including the pre op diet. that's the most I've lost ever! :)

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fit all the food & drink in but I'll have a try :) xxx

Hey everyone so today I'm 4 weeks post op and I'm starting stage 3 (mashed food)

I will be having 1 of the following
3/4 cup low sugar cereal (Not Muesli) with skimmed/semi milk
3-4 TB spoon scrambled eggs
3-4 TB spoon baked beans
3-4 TB spoon minced meat/turkey e.g. cottage pie,shepherds pie or bolognese sauce

with soft (over cooked) pasta cous cous or mashed potato
and soft (over cooked) Vegetabales (tinned are often soft)

Snack ideas- Rice pudding, yoghurt , fromage frais , stewed or soft tinned fruit, cottage cheese , sugar free mousse/whip custard.

well done cathy your doing great.

Back