• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i dumping or is it my antibiotics?

Raynebubble

hi i have been given yet another course of antibiotics for an on going water infection... waiting for doctor to call me to tell me exactly what it is... but for now ive been given selexid (penicillin).
I also started soft foods today.

for breakfast at 9.15ish i had 3/4 of a ryveta crispbread with half a extra light laughing cow triangle on top, then had a teaspoon of ww fromais frais so i can take my tablet. since then i have felt nausaus and have no energy. I have had 200ml tea and so far about 250ml nas squash so i am having fluids... but im still nauseaus and a bit shakey... would i be dumping or do you think its the antibiotics making me feel like this?

Last edited:
I would say its the antibiotics hun x

Anti biotics make my husband really sick :( I am not a doctor but think it is likely to be them making you ill, honey ... hope you feel MUCH better, really SOON :wave_cry: xxx

me to, my doctor as just called with the urine results and said they cant pinpoint the infection so need to carry on with the antibiotics until they finish next wednesday, then they will do yet another urine test... im so fed up now as this has been going on for 3 weeks... i just want to feel well xx

awww Rayne :( bless your heart :( xxx

bless hope ya feeling better soon un x

RAYNE - maaaahoooosive hugs - thought you were over worst of it luv!!
If you dont feel better - got on fone again to your Emerg Dr darlin xx

It could well be the infection making you feel really rough. Check the info sheet in the tablets to see how you should take them as some penecillin can make you feel really sick and ill if you take them with food and some can do the same if you take them without. Hope you feel better soon, there's nothing worse than a UTI it makes my residents all confused and makes their dementia worse.

Love Kate x

thanks Kate... no disprispect to your dimentia patients... but i swear this last 3 weeks i have developed it... ive never felt so low in my life... and im ok one minute then the next im in tears... im meant to be going back to work next week.. but my doctor is extending my time off until this is all sorted... but omake matters worse the doctor rung today and said we have your results and there is mourous bacteria but we cannot pinpoint what infection it is... now that has scared the daylights out of me as i now dont knw what is wrong with me... then when i asked about the nausea she said i have to stick with the antibiotics as she it could be them or the infection making me ill :-( im feeling a little better this afternoon but ive still got another tab to take at dinner xx

Try eating some soups to build you up especially homemade chicken!Boil the bejezzas out of a chicken carcass,add onion,leek and carrot with some mixed herbs.Blitz and enjoy.Will do you the world of good!

Having an Actimel or similar drink will stop the antibiotics making you feel sick. Hope you feel better really soon, you've had a hrad time of it since your op. x

i had my antibiotic with my dinner last night with a bit of yogurt and i wasnt too bad... so here is hoping when i have my breakfast soon.. i will be ok this morning... i will let you know lol..... can you get sugar free actimels? if not if i have half with my breakfast and dinner that may help.. thanks

Back