• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flying advice required.

lolalou

Hi, I'm only going on a short flight to Ireland but I often fill up with wind even on a short flight. My band has no fill in it. Has anyone any advice ie am I ok to drink water on the flight? Should I eat something before I go?
Thanks

Hi there - I have flown to Ireland b4 with a band and didnt experience any problems, I had my brekkie b4 I left home and just sipped water on the flight. x

Who did your procedure? If it was THG I just got some advice from them. Basically eat several hours beforehand and only sip water on the flight - don't eat. The dietician's advice to me on Tuesday was that you don't need to have the band aspirated before flying (long or short haul) but you should avoid eating in flight.

coppernob1971 said:
Who did your procedure? If it was THG I just got some advice from them. Basically eat several hours beforehand and only sip water on the flight - don't eat. The dietician's advice to me on Tuesday was that you don't need to have the band aspirated before flying (long or short haul) but you should avoid eating in flight.

It was thg, thanks, I should have asked them before but it didn't cross my mind till I got to the airport! I forgot to get euros until the day before! When they operated I think they took away some brain cells!
I know it is only short flights but I used to use deflating even on short haul as I suffer :-/

Back